Juan's Super Big 12 Gallon Nano

jpsika08

My first Nano tank (Well actually second, but at least my first serious one LOL).

It's a BOYU 12 gallon AIO tank

Quick Specs:
Capacity: 12 Gallons
Light system: 7 1w White Led and 1, 1watt Blue led.
Filtration: Skimmer, sponges
Return pump: Unknown, current mystery.

I'm pretending to build a Nano LPS and Softies Reef tank.
I still don't have a fish planning for this one.

Here are some pics,

Placement besides my phone at my desk, total relaxation ;)
IMG_0983.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

Testing the power of the sun, LOL:
IMG_0987.jpg

Power of the sun but with sand in the tank:
IMG_0993.jpg

Super powerful Skimmer:
IMG_0995.jpg

And the all-mighty return pump:
IMG_0996.jpg

Tomorrow hopefully I will find my right rocks and aquascape.

All of my Softies in my Big tank will come here.

reeferman

awesome little nano Juan!i bet your big system evaporates more in a day than this one holds!lol

steved13

PREMIUM
What no, computer sketches, no custom glass work, no equipment list, no videos of delivery cranes, no anticipation...what have you done with our Juan?!!

I can't wait to see what you do with it, and what the first mod will be.

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Nice new tank Juan. Who wants to bet that he'll add a sump jk/haha :).

jpsika08

awesome little nano Juan!i bet your big system evaporates more in a day than this one holds!lol

Hahaha I'm sure it does, thanks Reggie :D

Great office tank Juan!

Thanks Bryan :D

What no, computer sketches, no custom glass work, no equipment list, no videos of delivery cranes, no anticipation...what have you done with our Juan?!!

I can't wait to see what you do with it, and what the first mod will be.

LOL, Juan is being prisoned for this one, though, he told me to mod the lights and return pump for now :D
Thanks Steve :)

Nice new tank Juan. Who wants to bet that he'll add a sump jk/haha :).

Hahahaha Thanks Leigh

May I suggest a Catalina goby

Very nice choice Rob, I will ask LFS if they can bring one of those, I like the colors on him, thanks.

Funlad3

I'm sure this nano will still be better than my DT. Juan has a way of doing that...

sk8rdn

So Juan, what's the idea for the nano? Is it supposed to be a "pet fish tank" for johnny depth or red? Are you trying to say your system is so large that even your fish have pet fish tanks? Lol...

....Salt Changes Everything....

Built347

That's funny/\ .. Juan I did a double take on this thread... I saw Juan and 12 gallons in the same sentence... I thought at first you were referring to you Skimmer.. ha!.. I'm excited to see where u take it.. :)

jpsika08

And I'll try not to be jealous. Right. Juan, we both no neither of our goals are going to happen, we shouldn't waste our time pretending. :lol:

ROTFLMAO!!

So Juan, what's the idea for the nano? Is it supposed to be a "pet fish tank" for johnny depth or red? Are you trying to say your system is so large that even your fish have pet fish tanks? Lol...

....Salt Changes Everything....

It's Red's Tamagochi fish tank LOL,
Hopefully a nice softies with LPS tank is in place, all of my main DT softies will go in here.

That's funny/\ .. Juan I did a double take on this thread... I saw Juan and 12 gallons in the same sentence... I thought at first you were referring to you Skimmer.. ha!.. I'm excited to see where u take it.. :)

Hahahahaha, thanks Devon :D

reeferman

maybe you could get a small chiller and do a cool water reef.catalina gobies require cooler waters[60-70F].ive seen some stunning cool water reefs.

jpsika08

BOYU Sells some nice small nano chillers and my LFS has some, these corals are photosynthetic too?

EagleEyes

Looks like it said Sony for a second. Whats the height of the tank? I say this because, from research on LED's on here, 3 watts are recommended. Never could find out how tank height factored into that.

1357HA

Hahahahahahaha…..
Your skimmer’s size,….. hhahahahaha

Nice office tank Juan, a touch off gold….
It’s great that they come with a LED system now.

I have a biocube 14 and love it since day one, in fact this was my first tank and is currently running.

Nice new project!!!