Juan's Monster FOWLR- 750Gallon DT - 1,000+ System

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Looks like this is certainly going to be an AMAZING tank to see coming to life....I'm tuned in also! :D
Go Jaun GO! :geekin:

jpsika08

Another great build Juan, well done! If you still have issues with your live rock, look into a muriatic acid bath.

Hey Bryan!, thanks for the compliments and the tip. I will make a details check on them and if I still see some Aiptasia (which if I see is a nuclear aitpasia then), I'll use Muraitic acid then.

So glad to see you rebuild. It is looking even better than before.

Thank you very much Jason. :)

Looks like this is certainly going to be an AMAZING tank to see coming to life....I'm tuned in also! :D
Go Jaun GO! :geekin:

Thanks Diana :)

Holly cow! Juan, you r out dooing yourself! Love the choice of fish. Aggressive tanks are cool!

Thanks Kyle :)

jpsika08

Finally installed the new door and window for the fishroom, these are made of PVC material so no rust can get them. The window is still missing a plastic screen which will avoid unwanted insects in there.

The roof cover made out of fiber glass is in place. This will work as a siphon system which will allow Tank evaporated water to flee from fishroom and PH levels will maintain.

jpsika08

New 325 Gallon Sump

Here is my latest design for my Sump.

Dimensions will be,

Length: 110"
Depth: 28"
height: 24"

Total size: 325 Gallons
All made out of glass.

This sump will not go underneath my tank. Main reasons for this decision,
1. I can't fit such sump underneath the tank space.
2. Due to the size and depth of the space underneath the DT, it's very difficult to give maintenance to the Sump.
3. I have enough space to have my sump in other section of the fishroom.

So, as mentioned in point 3 above, I have enough room on the rear side of my fishroom to be able to rest my sump there.
Being the sump here, I can give it more maintenance, as I can reach any part with ease, also, the computer will be on the wall above so probes will be easier to set in the tank.

On with the renders, first a quick look at the sump itself.

Here is a quick overlook with exact dimensions on how the sump will be set with the main DT.

Explaining the flow:
Water goes from the rear C2C overflow down the pipes and into the first chamber of the sump, here I will design a detritus trap (Still not shown in the render) where all trash, sand and other things coming in from the DT will be collected. (I'm not putting socks).

Water passes then into the first section of Baffles, this chamber will hold, heater, probes, skimmer water delivery and carbon reactor(s):

Then, another set of baffles and into the Fuge section:

And one more set of baffles and into the return section:

Pump will be a Reef Octopus HY 16,000, 4,200 GPH will be more than enough to deliver water back to the DT:

Lastly, the skimmer will sit at the end of the sump, a HY-3000 pump will feed it and the drainage will be on the second chamber:

yankieman

Juan my friend welcome back,, have missed you on here ,, awesome build as is all your builds have been , cant wait to see the finished system,,,,,

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Wow! Juan I didn't think it could be done but I do believe you are about to "Out Do Yourself". This build is going to be AWESOME!

So good to see you here buddy :)

jpsika08

Wow! Juan I didn't think it could be done but I do believe you are about to "Out Do Yourself". This build is going to be AWESOME!

So good to see you here buddy :)

Al, thank you very much for the kind words, I'm really going slower in this build as I don't want to repeat the last build's mistakes. Everything is being planned in more detail so results should work better.

Still pending to send you that PM, once I know what I need I'll contact you. :)

Lomu

Bienvenido hermano una vez mas !! Glad to know everything is OK with the misses :hug1:

I knew that if you ever came back, you would do it with a big entrance ... and this is it !!

Taging in for the long run !!

Fuerte abrazo

steved13

PREMIUM
Great build Juan!! I'll be stopping by, if only to live out the dream fish room through your thread.

Great to hear from you and that all is well at home!

jpsika08

Bienvenido hermano una vez mas !! Glad to know everything is OK with the misses :hug1:

I knew that if you ever came back, you would do it with a big entrance ... and this is it !!

Taging in for the long run !!

Fuerte abrazo

Jaja! Que alegre verte Vlado!
Muchas gracias por tus palabras, la verdad es que fue un año difícil pero gracias a Dios ya todo mejor.
Como esta la familia? y el tanque aun corriendo?

A ver cuando platicamos un poco por skype.

Un Fuerte abrazo a ti también.

Great build Juan!! I'll be stopping by, if only to live out the dream fish room through your thread.

Great to hear from you and that all is well at home!  

Steve, so great to hear from you here, thank you very much for stopping! :D
We need to catch up, even if it's by email :)

WOW, this is going to be impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greg, thank you very much, great having you on board. :)

jpsika08

A friend addressed a problem I didn't foresee with sump. The amount of flow I'm going to have here is pretty high, so a fuge won't work well because of this.

I re-designed the sump and here are the new renders:

First some renders of the overall look of the sump with the new design:

Same as before, both drain pipes go into the side of the sump, main difference right now is that the detritus trap is rendered here.
The trap consist of a two-part glasses, one with 45 degree angle and a top one, the main idea is that all detritus (Sand, trash, etc) that comes from the DT stays here, as these glasses will be removable, it will be easy for me to vacuum all needed from time to time.

Water will raise and go into a quick corridor starting with a three section baffle and second glass will be an underwater pass into the main sump chamber.
This corridor will house the heater and Profilux probes, probably the dosing will be done here as water will move so quick that any mixture will be able to stir well.
The main chamber will hold, Carbon reactors and a pump that will feed the fuge and skimmer:

After water goes into the main chamber it goes into the return section, again, starting with some baffles to eliminate remaining microbubbles:

Additionally and main reason for modifying the sump, is the fuge design, as mentioned above, the main sump chamber will hold a pump which will feed the skimmer and fuge.
The pipes will have ball valves to control how much flow is needed for both of the affected sections:

Water goes into the fuge, maybe at 75 - 100 GPH and will exit through a simple baffle into the main sump chamber, prior to the baffles so any microbubbles from this splash will be removed:

The other part will go into the skimmer, the skimmer water will be delivered in the first chamber of the sump:

Lastly, my friend Jimmie (Gimmito) suggested that I incorporated an ATO reservoir into the design, I think he is correct, so this last render shows the last section added for this purpose.
The reservoir will be able to hold, 60 gallons.

As I added this last section, the sump overall water capacity is 386 Gallons. :)

Thanks for watching.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I don't know how else to say it but WOW :bugout:
Mate this is one of the most amazing builds I've ever seen and as everyone else has said you are truly going to be outdoing yourself :D
Your renders are awesome and the way you've got it all set up, amazing! :) The tank already looks awesome along with how you've done the fishroom :spinner:
I really cannot wait to watch your build continue to come together :yup: and I LOVE your fishlist too :cool: it's going to be incredible!!

Lomu

Amigo la familia anda de lujo. Se viene el 4to hijo nomas ... jajajaj
Aun no sabemos que es, ya que recién estamos en el 3er mes. En cualquier momento me voy a comprar cigarros y no vuelvo mas jajajajja
El tanque esta mejor que nunca. Algún día tendré que revivir el post.

Same as before, both drain pipes go into the side of the sump, main difference right now is that the detritus trap is rendered here. The trap consist of a two-part glasses, one with 45 degree angle and a top one, the main idea is that all detritus (Sand, trash, etc) that comes from the DT stays here, as these glasses will be removable, it will be easy for me to vacuum all needed from time to time.

Juan no entiendo esto. Como es que van a estar sujetos/pegados los vidrios para que no se escapen detritus por el fondo del vidrio de 45°
Y como es que vas a poder sacarlos para la posterior limpieza del mismo ... a menos que esten pegados veo muy dificil que sea efectiva la trampa tal como lo mencionas.
Por otro lado ... donde piensas poner el flotante para el auto llenado ? No crees que la bomba de retorno va a subir mas rapidamente agua que lo que baje del resbosadero ? Haciendo de esta forma que continuamente se llene (sin necesidad) agua de RODI ???

Sorry guys for my spanish, but there where a cuple questions i didn´t know how to aproch them in english :ashamed::ashamed:

jpsika08

I don't know how else to say it but WOW :bugout:
Mate this is one of the most amazing builds I've ever seen and as everyone else has said you are truly going to be outdoing yourself :D
Your renders are awesome and the way you've got it all set up, amazing! :) The tank already looks awesome along with how you've done the fishroom :spinner:
I really cannot wait to watch your build continue to come together :yup: and I LOVE your fishlist too :cool: it's going to be incredible!!

Thank you very much for the kind words D

Amigo la familia anda de lujo. Se viene el 4to hijo nomas ... jajajaj
Aun no sabemos que es, ya que recién estamos en el 3er mes. En cualquier momento me voy a comprar cigarros y no vuelvo mas jajajajja
El tanque esta mejor que nunca. Algún día tendré que revivir el post.

Felicidades por el 4to integrante! Ahora si necesitas una Chevrolet Suburban jajaja.
En hora buena, los hijos son una bendición.

Juan no entiendo esto. Como es que van a estar sujetos/pegados los vidrios para que no se escapen detritus por el fondo del vidrio de 45°
Y como es que vas a poder sacarlos para la posterior limpieza del mismo ... a menos que esten pegados veo muy dificil que sea efectiva la trampa tal como lo mencionas.
Por otro lado ... donde piensas poner el flotante para el auto llenado ? No crees que la bomba de retorno va a subir mas rapidamente agua que lo que baje del resbosadero ? Haciendo de esta forma que continuamente se llene (sin necesidad) agua de RODI ???

Sorry guys for my spanish, but there where a cuple questions i didn´t know how to aproch them in english :ashamed::ashamed:

Los vidrios de momento estoy considerando solo sobre ponerlos sobre unas bases laterales de vidrio, ya que son de 12mm, el peso evitara que cualquier cosa pase por los lados, estas bases les voy a poner un poco de silicone, una vez seco serviran como empaques, por lo menos en teoria suena muy bien pero en la practica ya veremos.

El flujo dentro del sump lo manda o determina la velocidad de la bomba de retorno, las bajadas de agua que estoy utilizando se conocen como BeanAnimal, estos permiten una gran cantidad de flujo.
El sensor del Auto llenado ira en la recamara de retorno del sump. El TUNZE Osmolator 3155 es bastante eficiente y puede manejar tanques con este tamaño, la cantidad e agua evaporada será similar a mi sistema pasado ya que el volumen de agua es parecido.

Espero que todo funcione tan lindo como se escucha jajajajaja.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Here Googles translate - just for fun ;) in Google Chrome, right click translate :)

Family Friend luxury walk. It is the 4th son nomas ... jajajaj
still do not know who is, and we're only in the 3rd month. Whenever I go to buy cigarettes and do not return more jajajajja
The tank is better than ever. Someday I'll have to relive the post. Congratulations on the 4th member! Now if you need a Chevrolet Suburban lol. In good time, children are a blessing. Juan not understand this. How is that going to be subject / glued the glass to prevent escape detritus from the bottom of the glass of 45 ° And as you'll get them out for cleaning it later ... unless they are glued very difficult to see the trap is effective as you mention. On the other hand ... where you plan to put the floating filling the car? Do you think the return pump will go up more quickly than water down the resbosadero? Doing it this way continually fill (no need) RODI water??? Sorry guys for my english, but there where a cuple questions i did not know how to aproch them in Inglés

Glasses for now I'm considering just about putting on a glass side bases, as are 12mm, the weight will prevent anything passing through the sides, these rules I will put some silicone, once dry will serve as packaging at least in theory sounds great but in practice we'll see. within the sump flow and sends it determines the rate of return pump, downspouts I am using are called BeanAnimal, they allow a lot flow. sensor Auto The anger filled the chamber of the sump return. Osmolator TTUNZE 3155 is quite efficient and can handle this size tank, evaporated water quantity and will be similar to my last set because the volume of water is similar. Hopefully everything works as cute as it sounds hahaha.

jpsika08

Here Googles translate - just for fun ;) in Google Chrome, right click translate :)

Family Friend luxury walk. It is the 4th son nomas ... jajajaj
still do not know who is, and we're only in the 3rd month. Whenever I go to buy cigarettes and do not return more jajajajja
The tank is better than ever. Someday I'll have to relive the post. Congratulations on the 4th member! Now if you need a Chevrolet Suburban lol. In good time, children are a blessing. Juan not understand this. How is that going to be subject / glued the glass to prevent escape detritus from the bottom of the glass of 45 ° And as you'll get them out for cleaning it later ... unless they are glued very difficult to see the trap is effective as you mention. On the other hand ... where you plan to put the floating filling the car? Do you think the return pump will go up more quickly than water down the resbosadero? Doing it this way continually fill (no need) RODI water??? Sorry guys for my english, but there where a cuple questions i did not know how to aproch them in Inglés

Glasses for now I'm considering just about putting on a glass side bases, as are 12mm, the weight will prevent anything passing through the sides, these rules I will put some silicone, once dry will serve as packaging at least in theory sounds great but in practice we'll see. within the sump flow and sends it determines the rate of return pump, downspouts I am using are called BeanAnimal, they allow a lot flow. sensor Auto The anger filled the chamber of the sump return. Osmolator TTUNZE 3155 is quite efficient and can handle this size tank, evaporated water quantity and will be similar to my last set because the volume of water is similar. Hopefully everything works as cute as it sounds hahaha.

LOL Glenn, that almost was the same, thanks :)