Jiddy Kills Again

Jiddy

:cry1: I have a 220AGA with 8 chromis and a friendly YT, i was worried but i added a smaller blue tang to the tank, everything went great and the two tangs love eachother, they always rubbin eachother and kissin. Well my YT is the biggest fish and the boss of the tank, but she is also a scardy cat for the most part, never thought i would have problems with her. So i went to the LFS and bought 3 Bangaii Cardinals and added them to my tank, the first day two hid and one was kind of out in the open, seemed to acclimated nicely, well the next day the two littler ones were still hiding in the back and the big one was gettin pushed around by the YT and it kept hiding under the rocks, well that was three days ago and i havent seen the cardinals since, im writing them off as a lose, but what should i do differantly........ (rearranging my rockwork is kind of out of the question)

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Yellow tangs are meanies! I've had some success at placing scarey objects in the tank (large nets) to divert aggression temporarily but sometimes they just don't get along.. ever! You could try to catch the YT and put it in the sump for a few days after adding new fish...

Warnberg

Yeap Yeap Yeap.... Yellows are bullies, if your going to add one to the tank make it the last fish in there.... Jid, you could QT that yellow for a while until your done stocking.....

coraldynamics

RS Sponsor
Not going to comment on your YT, but just FYI...there are still issues with WC Bangaii coming in diseased. Be wary and QT things. Most of the WC Bangaii I have seen don't make it a week so your YT may not have been the causes of their demise.

HTH

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Good to know Stephen, thanks.

Jiddy, Elmo has captive bred bangaiis... get a pair from him :)

Witfull

think yellows are mean,,,try a Sohal~i get bit and slashed if i put my hand in the tank. and yes, hes a fish killer too!

jetaero

sorry to hear jiddy, have you tried therapy for the tang? what you need to do is talk to it for atleast 4 hours a day...
jk :D

but sorry to hear, that is too weird.

-Josh-

Freddie

Woodstock gave a great suggestion, I have a YT and he is a mean lil joker...I had to put him in my quarintine tank for a few days when I added a orange striped angel a couple weeks ago, now they all play nice :)

Gina

RS STAFF
Sorry to hear that Jiddy!
I would certainly try Woodstocks suggestion next time, maybe that'll work for you?