Jersey City needs a ......

DaveK

There actually is a New Jersey Reefers Club that is associated with this part of the forum on Reef Sanctuary. You can see them here (offsite) - The New Jersey Reefers Club - Home

If you have not done so, join the site, and look under the NJRC Vendor Forums. You'll find the usual national vendors, but also a lot of LFS, many in your area. Some are extremely well know locally.

temper76

U could go to Manhattan aquarium 37th b 10th 11th in Manhattan ,new world aquarium 38 st 3rd ave Manhattan,absolutely fish,cliffton nj, ocean gallery plainfield nj, and the pet shanty also on route 22 ,I know some stores in jersey city ,but some are Wack,others are. Very dirty,and crooks,u got one in central ave is called uniq pets ,tropical aquarium in downtown accros there's a bank of America,one on 8 st n jfk blv,very dirty,UR petland in 440 lol! Those are the ones I know around the erea oh there's one in hackensack nj I for got the name hope that help n you could join Manhattanreefs its pretty Kool,it live. They call me eazy al in the other forum

jrhaughey

I go the NYC for work quite often and have also looked for places.
Check out BlueStarAqua Saltwater Store
BlueStarAqua Saltwater Fish Coral Aquarium
(Between Broadway and Central Park)
42 west 65th street
New York City, NY 10023
Phone: 646-248-5950
Hours: Tues - Friday (2pm - 7pm), Saturday and Sunday (1pm-7pm)

Very reasonable pricing on fish and coral. It seems to be mainly a hobby type business run out of a basement. I have been there three times, and always someone different. Very friendly also. They have an email list that they use to send out new shipment information.

Also:
Reef Encounter
504 Hudson Street
Hackensack, NJ 07601-6608
(201) 229-0555
reefencounter.com‎

They have some really nice stuff, but I have not read anything good about the staff. Go there looking for nice stuff and not people skills.

Another one I have found is:
Absolutely Fish
1080 US Highway 46
Clifton, NJ 07013-2420
(973) 365-0200
absolutelyfish.com‎

Nice stuff, nice fish, but again, they are pricey. Worth the trip to look! Maybe you will find something.

Good Luck.