I've got flatworms and too many mushrooms....

RedSea_New59

My newer 35 gallon RedSea aquarium has been taken over by mushrooms. I'd like to cut some back but is there a best way to eradicate some of them without all of them? Also, I have an aiptasia that has grown to about 1.5 inch tentacles....same question. And finally, I have just noticed a ton of these little worms (thinking flatworms). I scooped some with a turkey baster. Why are they here and is there a best way to kill them off? Thank you!

Attachments

• mushrooms.jpg
    mushrooms.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 18
  • flatworms.jpg
    flatworms.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 17

Humblefish

A Yellow Coris Wrasse (or similar) will eat the flatworms. There are chemicals (e.g. Flatworm Exit) you can use as well, but they are not without risk.

If you have one aiptasia, odds are you have many you cannot see. Berghia Nudibranchs seem to be the most reliable way of eliminating those: https://saltyunderground.com/category/berghia-nudibranch-the-natural-choice-for-aiptasia-control

I don't know of any good way of getting rid of mushrooms, short of manual removal (i.e. killing the entire rock). Some hit them with kalk paste and it works to a certain degree, but be sure to run carbon because most mushrooms release toxins when they are attacked.