Is this anemone going to split?

catran

In the links section- click on the img code. Then, paste it in your post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
It "could" be splitting or it could be "pinched" from several other reasons. Only way to know for sure is when you wake up and you have TWINS :)

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
What color is the base ? If it's orange then it's an LTA and they don't split if it's not orange then it's a Ritteri Anemone and they are known for splitting in captivity when under severe stress. What are the dimensions of the tank ? What type of lighting are you using and how many watts ? What are your parameters ? How long have you had this Anemone ? I don't know if it's the quality of the photo or what but that Anemone looks to be very light in color and could be an indication that it may have expelled some of it's zooxanthellae which is not good !

it actually is orange so it's a long bubble tip anemone but in LFS it was all bubbled up. oh and i have a 46 gallon bow and I have HO t5 lighting 78 watts plus a Florissant system 43 watts i plan on getting another t5 system in a week or two. when i get my next pay check. It has been in my tank for a week or 2 I'm not sure probably 2 but. if a anemone gets mildly bleached it's fine right cause thats what the LFS said and also what sites said. and my parameters are between 0 and 5 nitrates/ ph: 8.4/ salinity; 1.025/mag: 1220/ iodine: need new tester but i don't worry about it cause my salt has alk ph salinity iodine mag all buffers in it so it stays at that level when i do a water change which is every week. and idk and if it's bleached badly like you said could i add zooxanthellae to the water to make it get some. and now that spot is all healed up Wth is going on with it now it's a perfect circle.

reefer gladness

I haven't seen a long bubble-tip anemone for sale. It looks like an LTA to me, white is a common color for them and the stalk is orangish usually. Let's hope it's an LTA because the lighting is insufficient for a BTA or ritteri and nursing a sick nem back to health is best left to the experts.

Here's a little read on the topic in ocean environments:

Coral Reefs: Recovery from Bleaching