Is my anemone still alive?

Tazmo

Hi everyone

I am new to the saltwater game have had this tank for about 9months now. Added an anemone 2 days ago, rookie move I know. I think it's an LTA not sure. But since putting it in after an hour 15minute drip acclimation my clownfish would not leave it alone for a second. Less than 48 hours later this is what it looks like he has ripped off some tentacles being so rough. Is it a goner or still alive? I've tried feeding it didn't work.

Tazmo

Can't see the pic......is it attached to the rock or glass?
Is it inflated or deflated?
Hi sorry about that I tried attaching a picture but it didn't work out I'm new to this sorry. I tried uploading again, how do I get it to upload my pictures?. Anyways, it was deflated with lots of missing tentacles and in the end not attaching to anything at all. I took it back to the lfs and they said the clownfish really damaged it but they will try and heal it up IF they can. Fingers crossed. If it DOES manage to heal up somehow I think I will give anemones a skip until my tank is older and I've done more research.

Thanks for the super speedy response though. Will definitely be hearing more from me in future.

Pat24601

Hi sorry about that I tried attaching a picture but it didn't work out I'm new to this sorry. I tried uploading again, how do I get it to upload my pictures?. Anyways, it was deflated with lots of missing tentacles and in the end not attaching to anything at all. I took it back to the lfs and they said the clownfish really damaged it but they will try and heal it up IF they can. Fingers crossed. If it DOES manage to heal up somehow I think I will give anemones a skip until my tank is older and I've done more research.

Thanks for the super speedy response though. Will definitely be hearing more from me in future.

@Uncle99 is really good with anemones. He didn’t say it directly, but I think he thinks you can have a anemone as soon as you can provide proper conditions. Age of the tank isn’t such a big deal.

Is that right?

Anyway, I’m sure he’d be happy to help if you jump back into it. He’s helped a lot of people with them.

Uncle99

Thanks Pat.....I agree Nems need a mature and stable environment, in this case I think 9 months is fine. While not sure of the water stability, the post talks of attack resulting in damage to the nem. I do concede that my experiences are solely with the Ocellaris species, the safest, I know some other clown species can be very aggressive.

I am not sure what to say. I have never had an Ocellaris clown attack a nem, rather they usually either ignore it completely or love it like a home. The symbiotic nature of the relationship is safety for the clown and food for the nem.
An attack, if thats what it was, defies that principle, so I am without any answers. Perhaps someone else has seen this behavior. My clowns, sleep, clean and feed the nem and fiercely protect it. If I put my hand anywhere near it they will bite me.

I agree with Tazmo, more research is required. Keep in mine that you need to match up the species of clown with its associated nem be it LTA, BTA or carpet.....pink tips do not work and rock flowers do not work, or at least should not work.

I can tell you that Darwin Ocellaris (careful not Perculas) and BTA work great however the hosting can take anywhere from 1 day to 6 months.

There's a ton of literature on who lives with whom on the net...

Interesting event.....