Is my anemone dying?

paolalozada14

This is my first time with a salt water aquarium and I'm concerned about my anemone. I got her 2 days ago and I think she is not getting used to my tank. Is it normal?
She seems to be dying

Can someone help me? I don't want her to die. 20200513_062642.jpg20200513_062309.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

DaveK

Anemones do retract when moved, so this may be normal.

However, anemones do require excellent light and stable water conditions. The tank should also be well established. This usually takes about a year. Looking at your sandbed, your tank looks very new. In other words, your system may not be ready for an anemone. If this is the case, consider returning it to your LFS.

paolalozada14

Anemones do retract when moved, so this may be normal.

However, anemones do require excellent light and stable water conditions. The tank should also be well established. This usually takes about a year. Looking at your sandbed, your tank looks very new. In other words, your system may not be ready for an anemone. If this is the case, consider returning it to your LFS.
Yeah I wish I knew that before, the guys at the pet store told me it was fine and now that I'm reading about them I know I should've waited.

Everything else looks to be good with the water, the salinity and everything, but since is new is not completely ready. Is a better idea to return her?
Cause I don't know if they will take her back?

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Well they likely won’t take it back it terrible condition but I’d ask them cause it’s surely dying in your tank. Sorry for the bad advice you got

Did you try to feed it add some p e mysis shrimp that may help. Corals need to eat and in a system that has few micro organisms they may starve to death.

paolalozada14

She died last night [emoji25][emoji853] but thanks all of you for your help, I'll keep it in mind for the next time...

DaveK

Sorry to hear about your loss. While this is never fun, it still a learning experience, and you know more about keeping an anemone than you did before.

If it's any consolation, everyone that has been in this hobby any lengthe of time has had some losses, Most have had a total collapse of their system and lost everything.

One of the most important things to take away from this experience is that most LFSs are not well informed about SW livestock. Even a really good store typically has only one or two people that really know something about SW systems. If your not sure about something, check things out here or on other web sites first. It's very easy to make a mistake in buying livestock. I've done it quite a few times myself.