Introducing myself

coolcat

Hello everyone ,I do not have a salt water aquarium but i just started on fresh water planted aquarium and thought some of the ideas with regards to equipment might be helpful on these forums, I live in Broward county .Florida.

Pat24601

Hello everyone ,I do not have a salt water aquarium but i just started on fresh water planted aquarium and thought some of the ideas with regards to equipment might be helpful on these forums, I live in Broward county .Florida.

Hey coolcat!

I have both fresh and saltwater. While clearly the focus here is saltwater, feel free to post about your tank. I'd have fun following along!

DaveK

Your quite welcome here, and many of us also have planted tanks, so we can answer your questions.

However, you'll find that the equipment used is a planted tank is often quite a bit different, and there are some "mental gearshift changes" between FW planted tanks and SW reef tanks. You might find a dedicated FW planted tank forum more useful in some areas. Here is one I frequent (offsite link) - http://www.plantedtank.net/

Pat24601

Your quite welcome here, and many of us also have planted tanks, so we can answer your questions.

However, you'll find that the equipment used is a planted tank is often quite a bit different, and there are some "mental gearshift changes" between FW planted tanks and SW reef tanks. You might find a dedicated FW planted tank forum more useful in some areas. Here is one I frequent (offsite link) - http://www.plantedtank.net/

That forum is great. I learned a lot from it. Very helpful.

coolcat

That forum is great. I learned a lot from it. Very helpful.
I want thank you all for your responses and i do have a question,there was a posting made a while back entitled " My 120gal.DIY stand project". posted by cioutlaw,the post still exist on the forum but i am unable to open the images,can someone help me as to why i cannot open these pics?

Pat24601

I want thank you all for your responses and i do have a question,there was a posting made a while back entitled " My 120gal.DIY stand project". posted by cioutlaw,the post still exist on the forum but i am unable to open the images,can someone help me as to why i cannot open these pics?

Probably they were hosted by an external cite that no longer hosts them. That's usually what happens.

coolcat

Probably they were hosted by an external cite that no longer hosts them. That's usually what happens.
Hello Pat, thank you for this info,its just what might have happened,cause cioutlaw has not posted on this forum for quite a while based on my research.