Inflation Fears - what do you stock up on?

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Wondering how folks might be safe guarding themselves against inflation, supply chain issues and sadly I must throw war into this conversation.

I have enough stock here for a bit but no I’m starting to wonder if I need more.

What do you all think?

DaveK

The thing is that if you have an established tank, you don't need too much to keep it going and also that some of the items you use have a shelf life.

Any filter media I'm using could be bought in bulk, as it's not going to go bad. Things like most fish foods have a shelf life. Also, I'd not want to keep a massive amount of salt around just due to the space it takes up.

Now when it comes to equipment, if your looking to upgrade something, it might be a good time to do it now if your worried about inflation or lack of availability.

So far I have not done anything special to stock up on supplies.

StirCrayzy

To me, cost of inflation is much more tolerable than not being able to get a critical component right away.
Ive bought an extra return pump, RODI filters and carbon when the supply chain delays started last year. Im down to about 2 water changes per year, and reusable foam filters in the sump so i dont have many consumables. Also frozen mysis in the deep freezer has been lasting me a couple years before the freezerburn sets in.