Important message-Banners

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Show Me the snow :) I love it! So far haven't EVER gotten enough of it and the wife and I spent 5 days "snowed" in a few years back... good news is that we did NOT have any kids 9 months later :D

Allen

framerguy

I realize I'm showing EXTREME stupidity with this question but "What's a banner"? I've read this whole thing and am still not sure.. Do I have one?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Look up in the TOP right hand corner.. that's a banner but an Advertisers Banner.... it's a little different but close....

Allen :)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Sorry for expressing a pet peeve of mine, but I think there should be a limit on the size of signatures - surely a few lines is enough to state your tank setup and maybe a philosophical quote? Extremely long signatures make reading posts in a thread difficult when one post can take up most of a page on the screen. And I'm not referring to any one member in particular. :) I can live with it - it's just annoying at times. I've heard the same pet peeve from others as well.

sambrinar

You don't have to read it every time! I read it once and next time I see it I just scroll past! Not that big of a deal IMO. It doesn't interfer with anything

Brenda

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I don't read them every time LOL! It just makes it a bit of a pain to do a lot of scrolling to find the next post, and in that regard it does interfere with reading other posts IMO. Like I said it's just a pet peeve of mine and at least some others.

sambrinar

Honestly I never really gave it much thought. AND luckt for you I am on my Blackberry, so my sig doesn't show up. It's not too long though, at least I don't think :)

ReefMack: vBulletin has the option to remove all signatures from all posts. I use it and it makes reading much more pleasant.

User Control Panel
Edit Options
Thread Display Options
Show Signatures

You can also remove all avatars. Even better

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Yep, I was just going to do that. Thanks for reminding me Laurent! :)
Done! Simple solution, and now I can see several posts on one screen!

yungreefer2410

some ppl do have long banners but i just scroll past. but on a laptop it is annoying if you don't have a mouse. i just like sigs that have a quote of two and a link to their thread

i have dial up and i can load these pages pretty quick i do beleive its the network not really your bandwidth as much as people think it is there are millions and millions of people on line everyday and i am not saying your wrong at all but the more people that get online the more clutter going through signals and satalite waves... my personally i love highspeed but as for right now its stupid dial up but works great thats all i can tell you..