Important message-Banners

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
That's IT! Yes that's it! Where.. How? I went to that URL and can't find a Tank Ticker . . .

Allen

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thanks Frank. You too :)

in one term they ARE banners but they are different in regards to how they are made and what they are doing. They're "intelligent" images if you will. But I would imagine they may still be under the "Banned" catagory just the same. I just wondered about them... have to wait on an "executive decision" to be made but since they aren't banners in the sense of advertising and such and they are only really running a small amount of code to calculate the date if shouldn't be a bandwidth "Eater" one way or the other. I'll just have to see what the "Powers to Be" decide and abide by it :)

Allen

ReefLady

Staff member
We currently are allowing small images in the sigs for premium members. But I need to go in and define the limitations for those a little better.

As for the dynamic banners, I don't mind something that informs people of your tank, and can understand the attraction, but one of the problems is that the image is pulled off of someone else's server so we have no control over it slowing down our load times.

I didn't see a tank ticker on that site either... I kinda see where you're going with it though. Widgets are the wave of the future! :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
yeah I really like the idea of that tank ticker (if I could find it again) and honestly the image is small and static so it would be minimal at the most. But if it's deemed to go against what's best for RS I whole heartedly support and adhere to that "decree". It's up to yall :) I'm happy either way folks.. .just being inquisitive :)

Allen

InLimbo87

Once you go to the site, just click on "baby and child age" tickers. Then you can pick and choose the ticker, and choose when your "baby" was born ;)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
That's exactly it! Thanks for the directions Ian! Once we here from Travis or the "Admin Team" and it's "allowed" I'll be adding that (or not if not allowed).

Good job Doni. Now you've just broken the rules... go to jail. Do NOT pass go and do NOT collect $200. :lol:

lcstorc

and it was only for 24hrs. :)
You got your house cleaned your garden weeded and then showed up on other forums. LOL You just can't stay away

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I think I'd go CRAZY if I got banned... eek! Of course no telling how MUCH work I'd get done :lol: but still do NOT want to get banned :)

Allen

Witfull

travis and i played a joke on woody. banned her for 24hrs. this was awhile ago. was so much fun.

round and round the ban wheel goes, where it stops no one knows~

Witfull

seriously, the Batcave members. Batman, Robin, and catgirl, are discussing the limits of sigs. some folks have long tank stats, others have multi mini banners, and a rare few full banners. limits and such are soon forthcoming as to character limit and or bandwidth draw. if you feel that you may fall within either limit, you have fair warning to change signature before computer generated limits and deletions occur. before any such changes do occur, a "public notice" will be announced.