IM

MNRAM

If you are thinking about buying a new aquarium from Innovative Marine, BEWARE. They won't stand behind their tank warrantees.

I have a problem (s) with my 80 gal Nuvo. I contacted them 5 months after I bought it. To make a long story short, they/we went back and forth for over a month. Their final answer was; sorry you product is out of warrantee. So, that means their warrantee is 5 months. And as they told me, they can put any length of warrantee they feel like.

Their tank stands are made of particle board and a plastic laminate to make it look like real wood. A stand made of particle board is like a sponge around water. I've has to reinforce the sides of the tank with real wood, not wood chips like the Chinese make. All of their products are made in China.

If anyone wants pictures I will attempt to post some. I've almost figured out how to post some pics.

Just beware.......MNRAM

Antics

Before I went with a RSMc250, I was considering one of the IM tanks. IWhile I can say from personal experience that Innovative Marine tanks look great, I know that their customer service can definitely be hit and miss and a pain in the ass at times. Sorry to hear about your issue, but perhaps consider trying again or looking alternative means of assistance.For example, check the website or store you bought the aquarium from for information on the warranty. Contact your credit card issuer as sometimes they offer extended warranties on purchases etc. Hope it helps!

MNRAM

Thanks, but I tried getting that on their website and there is nothing about their warrantee. The place where I bought it all doesn't carry IM products any longer because of IM's poor responses to problems.
I paid cash for the tank and stand. It's too bad I don't live in CA, we would have already have been to
small claims court.

Fortunately for you, you didn't buy from them. Thanks again Antics.

Last edited:

mikejrice

There's no denying that their stands suck, but in their defense, the whole world, including AIO stands, is made of particle board in China.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

MNRAM

Sorry mikejrice I disagree the whole world does not make their stands from particle board. Red Sea for one are made from real wood and others I have seen and read about.

mikejrice

Sorry mikejrice I disagree the whole world does not make their stands from particle board. Red Sea for one are made from real wood and others I have seen and read about.
There are a few exceptions, but most of them are made from press board of some type.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

DaveR11

Or aluminium in the case of the S Series.....