ID These Fish For Me?

Pat24601

So, I had to run my son to the doctor today and the place I went has a 30 gallon FOWLR set up.

It looks like they have 4 fish in it. I know what the clown is, but any idea what the other 3 are?

A puffer, but what kind?

IMG_0097.JPG

Not sure what this guy is behind the fake coral?

IMG_0096.JPG

The one at the top center is clearly a clown, but what's the one kind of hidden in the lower left?

IMG_0095.JPG

Thanks! Researching FOWLR fish still. I snapped these on the way out. :)

Last edited:

DaveK

The first fish is a spotted puffer, and usually seen in the FW trade, although it's a brackish water fish. It's closely related to the figure 8 puffer and has similar requirements. The second fish is a mono, another fish usually seen in the FW trade. It can live in anything from FW to full strength SW as long as you acclimate it slowly. The one in your pict is not an especially good specimen. It should be much more silver looking and the stripes better defined. See this example (offsite) - http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/996/mono-argentus?pcatid=996&c=830+954+996
I think the third fish is a cinnamon clown, but it's a bit hard to tell. It might be a clarki clown or a seabe clown. Keep in mind that the bands can vary a lot, and sometimes are not there at all.

Pat24601

The first fish is a spotted puffer, and usually seen in the FW trade, although it's a brackish water fish. It's closely related to the figure 8 puffer and has similar requirements. The second fish is a mono, another fish usually seen in the FW trade. It can live in anything from FW to full strength SW as long as you acclimate it slowly. The one in your pict is not an especially good specimen. It should be much more silver looking and the stripes better defined. See this example (offsite) - http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/996/mono-argentus?pcatid=996&c=830+954+996
I think the third fish is a cinnamon clown, but it's a bit hard to tell. It might be a clarki clown or a seabe clown. Keep in mind that the bands can vary a lot, and sometimes are not there at all.

Thanks, @DaveK!!! That sounds like a weird mix to me now that you lay it out. For a bit, I wondered if it was a freshwater tank made to look like saltwater, but the clown wouldn't work there, I guess.

At any rate, doesn't sound like these are fish for me really.

The mono does look bad. Your link looks way better.