I knew better

fidojoe

Fish Addict
OK, so I have to rant...

This is no one's fault buy my own. I should've known better. I bought a GBTA from a Phoenix LFS yesterday against my better judgement. I basically spent $45 to prove that my bubble magus curve 5 is awesome, and make my house smell like hot trash.

The anemone looked OK, foot and all. It seemed sticky, coloring was just kinda... meh. I figured with some TLC, it would do fine. I acclimated it via slow drip, gently handled it and placed it on a rock. I gave it 20 minutes before turning pumps back on to attach. All was good. This morning I left for work before lights on, but I noticed it was not fully attached to the rock anymore, just barely gripping at one edge. I gave it some more time with pumps off while I got ready, it reattached all seemed fine when I left. When I got home, I found the aforementioned smell, a slightly cloudy tank, and a full skimmer. BTA is MIA.

Fish and corals all seem fine, house is airing out, and water is mixing for an emergency change.

This is the frustrating part of the hobby that I had blissfully ignored during my 6 year hiatus. It could be worse. Anyways, sorry for the rant. No one in my regular life understands my love for this hobby. :roflmao: