I don't have the nicest tank on here

Paul B

I don't have the nicest tank on here.
I don't have the nicest of a lot of things, but I don't care because they are nice enough for me.
I don't have the most difficult corals on here, but it is not my purpose to have that.
I don't have the most interesting fish on here, but they are interesting enough for me.
I have no ideas what my parameters are. I assume my corals know and they seem fine.
I don't have any controllers or dosers. Don't want any.
I don't have any test kits. If I want something tested, I take It to a LFS. They like doing that.
I don't have the largest tank on here. It's a perfect size for me.
My lights are way underpowered. I don't care and so far, neither do the corals.
I don't have a sump. I would, but they were not invented in the 70s
I don't use any reactors, GFO, GAC, ABC, Doh Ray Me, or bio pellets.
I don't use Rowafas.
Don't have a DSB, SSB, or BB.
I don't use Purple Up, Marine Snow or almost anything else and I don't want to.
I have to many fish, they don't seem to mind the crowd.
I have to many Pod eaters, they send out for Pizza.
I am jealous of some tanks on here, but I will get over it.
I don't have the most hair and I am far from the best looking on here. My wife likes me.
I don't change much water, but I assume I change enough.
I have plenty of iron and stainless steel in my tank. Is that scary to anyone?
I sometimes feed my fish Plaster of Paris with some minerals mixed in. Am I bad?
I used copper for years in my tank and never changed the rocks or gravel.
I have never dated a Supermodel but I did date some beautiful girls. Also some plainer ones.
I use dolomite for the substrait, ever heard of that?
My wireing is probably some of the sloppiest on here. And I am an electrician.
I am impressed by some of the skill on here with spawning hard fish.
I am impressed by creativity, but not by degrees unless they are on a thermometer.
Right now I am embarassed to say I have a fever, which is a Sissy disease and I may have to revoke my Man card. Fevers are so yesterday and Sissy Mary like. Maybe I am halucinating which is why I wrote this useless thread.

Its a hobby, enjoy it for yourself, no one else
I am finished, and I am old, There is no purpose to this post that I know of.:cool:

Last edited:

Putt

I don't have the nicest of a lot of things, but I don't care because they are nice enough for me.
I don't have the most difficult corals on here, but it is not my purpose to have that.
I don't have the most interesting fish on here, but they are interesting enough for me.
I have no ideas what my parameters are. I assume my corals know and they seem fine.
I don't have any controllers or dosers. Don't want any.
I don't have any test kits. If I want something tested, I take It to a LFS. They like doing that.
I don't have the largest tank on here. It's a perfect size for me.
My lights are way underpowered. I don't care and so far, neither do the corals.
I don't have a sump. I would, but they were not invented in the 70s
I don't use any reactors, GFO, GAC, ABC, Doh Ray Me, or bio pellets.
I don't use Rowafas.
Don't have a DSB, SSB, or BB.
I don't use Purple Up, Marine Snow or almost anything else and I don't want to.
I have to many fish, they don't seem to mind the crowd.
I have to many Pod eaters, they send out for Pizza.
I am jealous of some tanks on here, but I will get over it.
I don't have the most hair and I am far from the best looking on here. My wife likes me.
I don't change much water, but I assume I change enough.
I have plenty of iron and stainless steel in my tank. Is that scary to anyone?
I sometimes feed my fish Plaster of Paris with some minerals mixed in. Am I bad?
I used copper for years in my tank and never changed the rocks or gravel.
I have never dated a Supermodel but I did date some beautiful girls. Also some plainer ones.
I use dolomite for the substrait, ever heard of that?
My wireing is probably some of the sloppiest on here. And I am an electrician.
I am impressed by some of the skill on here with spawning hard fish.
I am impressed by creativity, but not by degrees unless they are on a thermometer.
Right now I am embarassed to say I have a fever, which is a Sissy disease and I may have to revoke my Man card. Fevers are so yesterday and Sissy Mary like. Maybe I am halucinating which is why I wrote this useless thread.

I am finished, and I am old, There is no purpose to this post that I know of.:cool:

DaveK

Paul, Your tank works because you put the time and effort into keeping it running. Over the years you gained a lot of knowledge about how your tank works. Your also using methods that few people could duplicate.

You have a system that works extremely well for you. At the same time, I doubt that it would be possible for anyone else to take it over and not end up with a tank of very dead livestock.

The sad part for me is that I can remember most of the old stuff you mention like dolomite and iron in the tank.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
You do keep "Expert Level Only" fish & they live well....
They have been thriving for years in your tank. :fish9: :fish9:
You have a Beautiful Wife who apparently loves You enough to let you flirt with all the Super Models :rolleyes2: And doesn't bop you in the head for it :hammerhead:
You have a couple of cutest grandkids ever, BOTH look up to You like they will never look up to anyone else. :angel::angel:
You are a HERO to many here at RS for all you share in your posts
You talked me in to not fearing algae in my tank :thumbup:

I hope your fever goes away, it's way worse than a little algae....it's really not a sissy disease & neither is getting old! :ofr:
Feel better FAST & go catch some Tuxedo Urchins!
(I love this picture :winky:)
image.jpg

Paul B

Diana, Thank you. I have always respected you. Some people on some forums took offence to this post. It wasn't supposed to be a serious piece of scientific literature and I know you got that. It is just a whimsical piece of artistic nonsence coming from some old guy with a fever. Maybe I was halucinating. As for Supermodels, I talk about them all day to my wife. If she sees a scratch on me she will say, was that from a Supermodel? Or if there is something on the bed she will say, did the Supermodels leave that there? She even asked me if I caught this, whatever I have from a Supermodel. I have a great wife who I met when she was 12. She knows she has nothing to fear from me and Supermodels as most of them won't look at me twice. We have been married for 41 years.
Our Daughter and Son N Law. How cute is she?

Pat24601

@Paul B , you are awesome, as always. I hope your fever gets better quickly.

Every time I read one of your post about being a man, I think the real thing you do that makes you a man is because you take great care of your wife and family (and fish). You have a great family and that doesn't happen by accident or without a lot of work.

Oh, and you have a great, unique tank too. :)

Last edited:

Paul B

On Reef Central they yelled at me and closed the thread before I even had a chance to defend what I posted, which I didn't think had anything offensive in it anyway. But, it is what it is and there are lots of forums. There is a reason all of the experienced old timers left that forum.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
On Reef Central they yelled at me and closed the thread before I even had a chance to defend what I posted, which I didn't think had anything offensive in it anyway. But, it is what it is and there are lots of forums. There is a reason all of the experienced old timers left that forum.
You DO have a VERY BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER!! I think she looks like her mother :)
As for "other forums" your comment doesn't surprise me. I can not read very much on any other forum without leaving the web page in total disgust of how awful some of the members treat each other. So, not very often do I even try to read any other forum post.
I am so glad that RS doesn't allow mean bashing posts.
I think we only have good members here :grouphug5::yeehoo:

Pat24601

That forum has a big "thought police" mentality. It's like they sit around and wait for someone to "say something wrong" (whatever the masses decide that means) and jump all over them with the presumption of guilt rather than trying to figure out why people are saying what they are saying or without trying to be helpful if someone is new (for example) and makes a mistake.

There is a reason my account there is basically inactive.

Paul B

Every time I read one of your post about being a man, I think the real thing you do that makes you a man is because you take great care of your wife and family (and fish). You have a great family and that doesn't happen by accident or without a lot of work.

Oh, and you have a great, unique tank too. :)

I had a conversation about this the other day with a close friend of mine. We were talking about Man things, being a husband, Father and Grand father. I said I was babysitting last week and my Wife, Grand Son and Grand daughter was sick. I spent the few days picking up puke, changing diapers, reading books and putting them to sleep. My friend said, he doesn't change diapers, pick up puke or put kids to sleep. I told him he is not a real Man because a real Man doesn't let hid Grand Kids run around in crappy diapers because you are not a man enough to do something about it. It is not something I like to do as I am sure no one likes to change diapers and it is not something I do very often. But my wife was also sick, so who is the man? He is also not a Veteran and I think Veterans have much more tolerance for stuff like that. I picked up much more gross stuff than that in Nam and I didn't even have Grand Kids then. There is absolutely nothing I wouldn't do for my kids or wife, nothing including give my life if I had to. I think that is what makes a Man. Not how much weight you can pick up or how many tattoos you have.:txchainsaw: What do you think? :ofr:

Big Pete

Hi Paul B

First Off, respect for being in the forces,i tip my hat to you sir, i have the greatest respect for forces and ex forces guys and gals, its more than i could do.

What really is the mark of a real man, well for me it would be one that did what was neccesary For the well being of his family no matter how hard it was.

Respect Paul B you deserve it

Paul B

Diana, it seems that my book is in the final stages of editing. I just read it. I didn't really learn anything from it, but then again, I didn't think I would. :celebrate:

Dracko

"There is no purpose to this post that I know of". So after reading the comments I hope you now understand that there is more meaning in your post than perhaps realized. Well written and FULL of content.:props:

DaveK

Some time around April fools day I've got to revisit this post, and write a long reply about how your doing every thing wrong and suggest what should be done to "improve the system". All tongue in cheek of course.