Hydrogen peroxide dip?

jimv

Has any one used this befit to kill algae on a coral? I tried this yesterday and my coral does not look happy at all. I did a 25 percent solution for about 20 min.
56a52f0f15bbaca6977d593fb953d04e.jpg

I hope my candy cane make it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slfcaptain

20 min is too long. Max I ever did was five minutes with some zoas. Give them some time and they may recover.

steve

jimv

I had read to do then for 30 min and I only did 20 but I am hard pressed to find the post I read that in. I hope they come back it was a good sized colony.

Ratpack

That is the same ration I have used, but like others, not for that long. I think I did 10 minutes on some zoas. However, I will say that they were pissed for a week or two after and have just started to open back up good.

As far as I'm aware, zoas are the only ones that peroxide is safe to use on. There's not much you can do now though just wait and hope... Good luck!

StirCrayzy

I've dipped gonipora, millipora, zoas, palys, acros, and acans in a 50/50 for 5 minutes, with no long term effects on coral health. (been 3 months since first dip anyway) . What I will say is corals don't react well to the treatment, and I can't recommend repeat treatmen s.
I wouldnt write off your coral just yet, it still may recover. It doesn't look like it's dissolving, just like very receded.

jimv

I lost one head but it looks like it might be coming back!

e707590e3bed46ebcc569804d40531f0.jpg

Mike Johnson

That's correct; the scleractinian corals won't tolerate it, but the soft corals will and five minutes in 25% is what's generally acknowledged to work best.

Last edited:

jimv

d68bac1317c6673fbf425f1035d8d9a4.jpg

It is looking good! I only lost one head. Should I cut it off or just leave it?