Hydra 26 UV increase schedule suggestions

jaxredsoxfan

I got the LED light settings that my LFS have on all of their tanks. The look is better than what I had acheived at home under same LEDs. So I adjusted spectrum to match- blues and purples went up 20 percent or so. The other difference is they are running their UV setting at 98. Mine was set to 38. Since this is the only place I get coral and fish from, and the look is fantastic I wanted to bring all my levels up to match. How slowly and over what time period would you consider upping the UV levels from 38 to 98?

Reactions: SPR

Pancho75

I will suggest you to go slowly divide the difference vs the parameters you want to achieve and go 10% every week.

Did you check the temperature in K so you match it as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SPR

DaveK

From the standpoint of light, I don't see an issue, but to be safe, I'd ramp it up over 2 or 3 weeks.

From an appearance standpoint, you may want to keep the various colors within reasonable ranges of each other. I know a lot of people really like a huge amount of blue, violet, and UV, but this give the tank a very artificial, glow in the dark appearance.

SPR

These are what I’ve always used apart from I go ‘blue’ in the evenings.

They are the ones recommended by Red Sea

Green and red are at zero to discourage potential algae growth

7A4A6AC8-CEFF-4072-888C-58FC91485F89.png

Last edited:

jaxredsoxfan

Thanks guys, its similiar- the actual settings are here. I adjusted spectrum but hesitated with UV. I think I'll try the 10% per week . Here is where Im going:

Attachments

• hydra lights-bio reef.JPG
    hydra lights-bio reef.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 15