Hurricane Sandy victims please read

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
For those of you that were hit by hurricane Sandy and caused major coral losses to your system please contact me. If you experienced significant coral losses in your system due to the effects of the hurricane I would like to express my sorrow for you losses and will be offering you a $50 credit at MyReefToYours.com to help get your tank restocked. I will need a pic of your tank showing the losses as well as your address so I can verify power interruptions just to assure these credits go to those in need. Again we are sorry for your losses and we hope to help get your tank back in tip top shape in no time.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Very Nice of you JJ. I lost 2 anthias but my crabs gained a nice dinner!

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
Sorry I can't help with fishies but those that lost coral please PM me here, we want to help get your tank back up to speed.

tommyboynj

Wow jj. Nice justure. Its been a rough week. We have now been without power for 4 days. Im lucky to have a generator and have been running it for 2 hours then shutting it down for 2 because finding gas is become difficult. Just being able to do this has kept the kids sane as they have spent alot of time infront of the tank. I live about 30 mins from the ortley beach area which is the epicenter of the destruction. My inlaws have a property there and we have yet to be able to get to it or what remains. Im fortunate that my family and property are intact.

Wow jj. Nice justure. Its been a rough week. We have now been without power for 4 days. Im lucky to have a generator and have been running it for 2 hours then shutting it down for 2 because finding gas is become difficult. Just being able to do this has kept the kids sane as they have spent alot of time infront of the tank. I live about 30 mins from the ortley beach area which is the epicenter of the destruction. My inlaws have a property there and we have yet to be able to get to it or what remains. Im fortunate that my family and property are intact.

Oh my... good luck to you all out there!! That must be so scary.

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
I can only imagine what you guys are going through right now. Just don't forget you are all in our hearts and we are here for you.

modulok

Jared you are awesome. That is very nice for you to offer to those who either lost just livestock, or even more from Sandy. I have a friend who lost power and 3 fish died in the first 24 hours. I offered to keep some things in my tank, but he wound up giving what was still alive away Tuesday as he didn't think it would last to Wednesday when he could get them to me.

I am very lucky not to have lost power, and everything is fine with the tank.

I can tell you it does suck. I had just started my new 40 breeder. My 90 gal was full of beautiful corals, mushrooms, zoas, sps, lps, a huge bubble coral, and about 8" round beautiful hammer. Everything is lost after 4 days without power. All the money, hard work, everything gone out the window. I just got power back and trying to get back to normal but i keep passing my tanks wondering if i will even start these tanks again. Now i am happy my family and friends are safe, i also realize many people still don't have power. I know what they are going through. Good idea and i hope it works. Good luck guys...

Mike :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Sorry to hear about your loses & here hoping for the best in recovering !

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
I can tell you it does suck. I had just started my new 40 breeder. My 90 gal was full of beautiful corals, mushrooms, zoas, sps, lps, a huge bubble coral, and about 8" round beautiful hammer. Everything is lost after 4 days without power. All the money, hard work, everything gone out the window. I just got power back and trying to get back to normal but i keep passing my tanks wondering if i will even start these tanks again. Now i am happy my family and friends are safe, i also realize many people still don't have power. I know what they are going through. Good idea and i hope it works. Good luck guys...

Shoot me a PM Mike and we will help get you going again.

Sorry I forgot to mention, I live in Orange County, NY. I have friends and family in Ocean County, Monmouth County and Atlantic City, NJ. Many are still without power. I am grateful that everyone is safe. As for me, I discarded my corals, inverts, nems, livestock, etc. I figured this would be a great way to start over. I just wish i took a picture of the dead tank but i didn't want to be reminded of it. Right now my main focus is cleaning the house and then I'm going to attack the tank tonight. I decided I will rebuild and will be looking for good deals to buy to start up again. If anyone knows of anyone selling cheap frags I am interested in buying. I already miss my bubble corals, hammers, toadstool, duncans, ppe rastas hornets and all my other zoas, frogspawn, acros, palys, everything. Ugh, I hate thinking about it. Well, thanks for letting me rant here. Here are a few pictures of my tanks covered the day after the lights went out. I guess it may have worked for a while but after the house got to 55 degrees i knew there was no more hope. Thanks again all. One picture showed my trying to keep the water warm with 36 hr shipping heat packs. Lol, that didn't work so well. The kids were in good spirits though. If only my fireplace actually worked in stead of just looking pretty...