How to take care of sea anemone?

Corailline

From what my friend tells me the collection laws in Egypt are pretty strict. He says the fish stores a filthy and few and far between. There are few hobbyist there. He gets most of his stuff by friends flying from abroad and I send him things. He pays a high price on customs as well, you have to make a decent living there and be passionate about the hobby because otherwise it just is not worth it.

I would be interested as I am sure would others in seeing some pictures of the local fish stores there if that is a possibility for you.

Jetbkk

Sure, that's a good idea and I'll try to take some photos so you guys can get an idea what is going on over here in Bangkok.

There is a HUGE market called Chatuchak and they have an enormous fish area. Fresh dominates but there are still at least 20 marine shops here and some shops that only do corals, etc. It is quite impressive actually. You would never see anything like this in the States.

Jetbkk

Here is a photo after almost 2 weeks in my tank. It still appears to be doing ok to me.. the tentacles reach up, the clowns keep hosting, and it takes food when we give it. Does it still look sick to the experts?

Attachments

• 2-weeks.jpg
    2-weeks.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 67

mrcrab

Here is a photo after almost 2 weeks in my tank. It still appears to be doing ok to me.. the tentacles reach up, the clowns keep hosting, and it takes food when we give it. Does it still look sick to the experts?

First, that looks good to me. Second, don't take anyone's word about anemones as "expert" opinions unless they are marine biologists, even then not a whole lot is understood about anemones being housed in captivity. Since keeping an anemone for aquarium users is based on trial and error, there is no scientific viewpoint so take everything is said by people here with a grain of salt. Your experience may not be the same as theirs.

lcstorc

It does look considerably better than the first pic but keep in mind it is still not an ideal environment for the animal.
Yes anemone keeping is based largelyon trial and error but one of the great things about RS is we try to learn from each other's error as much as possible.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
It does look considerably better than the first pic but keep in mind it is still not an ideal environment for the animal.
Yes anemone keeping is based largely on trial and error but one of the great things about RS is we try to learn from each other's error as much as possible.

Well Put! :D