How To remove This Gsp?

ChitownRomeo

Hey guys!

Don't laugh at me cause this is probably so easy to do lol. I want to get these gsp off this rock and move them to another rock. I can easily take the rock out the tank so thats easy. But do i just peel the purple mat off or what do I do to move them?

2zswehu.jpg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Yes, peel the purple mat off & it is best to do it outside the tank because if you lose tiny pieces: IT WILL attach & regrow other places. :confused:
I keep my GSP secluded on the sandbed. I have one LR that it got too close to & I am having to keep it plucked back on. It's a pretty coral but it can TAKE OVER!

frisbee

If peeling the GSP from the rocks doesn't work out too well you can always smother the mat with some epoxy. GL.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Oh, I use tweezers....getting it out of the cracks & holes of the LR is time consuming, but it can be done. Just don't get in a big hurry placing other corals where it was until you know that you got it all. Cause you may start seeing little green sprigs that you missed after you get it back in your tank.
I've seen HUGE pieces of LR "For Sale" at my LFS totally covered in GSP.
Makes you know that IT DOES HAPPEN :bigbounce::D

IanReefer

I use my fingernail, can't rush the process. Take your time with it, and if you tear it, just back off a little and try right next to where tore. It will come up.

Ian

Stephane Cote

in my experience.. you cant really get 'rid' of it all. you leave one small spec behind and it will grow back. i can always control it by isolating it (my suggestion).

as seen here (picture from 1 month ago), i've isolated it along with the xenias. the 2 most 'aggressive growing, can't get rid of them' corals i've ever had.

i've had success 'killing' some xenias with aipasia X however. did no try on the GSP colony though.

unnamed_zpsu3hgoz30.jpg

Pat24601

in my experience.. you cant really get 'rid' of it all. you leave one small spec behind and it will grow back. i can always control it by isolating it (my suggestion).

as seen here (picture from 1 month ago), i've isolated it along with the xenias. the 2 most 'aggressive growing, can't get rid of them' corals i've ever had.

i've had success 'killing' some xenias with aipasia X however. did no try on the GSP colony though.

unnamed_zpsu3hgoz30.jpg

I still love this tank/aqua scape/ coral design. I've got a small rock that is an island. I'm kind of using it as a pedestal for my favia right now, but your tank makes me want to do something like this with it (only smaller).

ChitownRomeo

Thanks for the replies. I'm actually removing the rock it's on completely. I have a piece of tall tonga branch rock with 3 branches coming from it. Going to glue the gsp on it and make it look like a tree with leaves.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Thanks for the replies. I'm actually removing the rock it's on completely. I have a piece of tall tonga branch rock with 3 branches coming from it. Going to glue the gsp on it and make it look like a tree with leaves.
Sure would like to see pictures as it progresses...Sounds pretty! :)