How to Get Rid of the Dreaded Bryopsis?

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I haven't had to deal with bryopsis yet. Is there a good way to avoid it?
Thanks for the reply Dom. Yes...I have a GALLON JUG of Kent Tech-M. I also use Instant Ocean Reef Crystals which boasts to be high in mg. That might not be such a good thing because my higher mg levels are not all due to Kent Tech-M.
And I so dearly HATE testing mg levels. That test (I have two different ones, hate both!) makes me feel like a total idiot :bipolo: figuring out what the reading is :concern:.

@Pat24601 I certainly wish there was an easy way to avoid Byropsis. One thing this stuff has done is make me think GBA & GHA are NOTHING to fear. They are actually fun compared to Bryopsis.
Bryopsis is EVIL & seemingly relentless. :fire:
I will go to battle with it again today when I do my WC....
Remove both of my ceramic shelves and scrub them then spray the places on them down with hydrogen peroxide. If I could remove the LR that is mostly affected, that would help also but it is all grown together with corals. My Yellow Leather is attached to three LRs with the biggest Bryopsis patches. :confused: It's a mess! :(

I will take the battle one weekly WC after the next & hope the new GFO reactor will be helping me in between. I hooked it up just yesterday & put in 7 tablespoons of HOPE.

Not even sure what reading I am at for phosphate because there could not be a true reading anyway with this much Bryopsis & a great amount of thriving Chaetomorpha in my refugium. Reducing Nutrients may not even effect this evil algae :confuseded: but it's worth a try.
That's my plan for right now.