How often do you visit the LFS?

Pat24601

I probably used to go about once every 2 weeks (more often at the start of course). I'd buy RODI water and, of course, peruse the corals.

Then I figured out I was going broke and bought my own RODI. Now I go much less often and buy much less impulse coral. I am running out of room anyway....

melvis

I go every week for my saltwater as I did in the beginning. They are spot on with levels each time and it's much easier for me to do it that way than mixing myself. Besides, they're only a 5 minute drive...them and the other 5 all within 2 mins walk of each other! Doesn't help with impulse buys!!! lol

nd200

I probably used to go about once every 2 weeks (more often at the start of course). I'd buy RODI water and, of course, peruse the corals.

Then I figured out I was going broke and bought my own RODI. Now I go much less often and buy much less impulse coral. I am running out of room anyway....
Yeah that seems about what I do. I'm currently setting up a nano tank so I'm there at least two times a week for corals but this week is my last week getting corals as my tank is Pretty full. I go for less at once and more frequently. Otherwise I would spend easily 700 on corals at once.

nd200

I go every week for my saltwater as I did in the beginning. They are spot on with levels each time and it's much easier for me to do it that way than mixing myself. Besides, they're only a 5 minute drive...them and the other 5 all within 2 mins walk of each other! Doesn't help with impulse buys!!! lol
Ha I know! Luckily for me the only decent place to get fish near me is a place called tropic isle. Have around 10 coral tanks. 2 being 300 gallon tanks. Literally have to only bring enough money with me as I will need for what I'm getting or I'd buy be taking one of those 400's home with me..

dgilbert2

As much as once a week for a couple of months when re-stocking then just a few times a year when the tank has settled down.

DaveK

This can vary quit a bit. Once you have the tank more or less fully stocked, you don't need much beyond food. Depending upon what's going on it could be a couple of times a week to once every 6 months.

I get a lot of equipment online, since I have found that most LFSs do not carry the sort of equipment that I'm interested in getting. I don't blame them. That would require a lot of money to be tied up in inventory that would not sell quickly.

Talon33

I rarely go. I am not stocking my tank yet though. I have been getting all my equipment and rock online just when it goes on sale. I have already saved about $150-200 (the 4th of July sales helped a lot) off the retail value and even more if I were to get the equipment locally.

When I start stocking my tank I think I may still order my fish online from bluezoo. The 2 stores here just don't have much quality livestock. However with about an hour and half drive I can visit 3-4 quality LFS so that may change things up a bit.

Clint24

I'm with everyone else here. I'm restocking my tank but I try not to go to the LFS or look online unless I have $300-$500 to spend. I can easily get out of hand shopping for corals!! :) good for me the the lfs in town isn't very good so I have to travel to get to some good ones, that helps a lot!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
It's easy for me to stay away....there is not a decent LFS near where I live.
I have to drive 1 hour & 45 minutes & then most of the time (when I do go) they don't have what I went there to look for. :cold:
My tank is fully stocked & I order most of my supplies from on-line.
So...ZERO TIMES PER WEEK for me. :winky: