How much is my tank worth?

Setragni

I am going to upgrade soon. When that time comes I will be selling my RSM 130D.
I am trying to figure out how much I should ask for it on craigslist.

I will be selling the tank with:
Original hood (never used)
Original pumps (1.5 years old)
Stealth heater
Eshopps overflow Box
Eshhops 20g sump
Eshopps PSK 75 skimmer
Deep Blue triton 3 return pump

How much you guys think I should ask on CL.

I am also going to be selling my InTank Media basket and tunze 9002 separetly.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
my thoughts...

Tony I like "good deals" and always think somewhere around 1/2 of retail for a used RSM tank (that are pretty much in demand, even used) ... something like $350 for a stock 130D in good condition... imo - is a good deal.

this should add quite a bit more value... $$$ to the above price

Eshopps overflow Box
Eshhops 20g sump
Eshopps PSK 75 skimmer

How much were these three items new?

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Ask half. Expect less tho. Tanks r tough sells. They tend to stick around on Cl for quite awhile. The only part of the ad that changes is a lower price. Any desire for a second tank?

........the mayor votes funlad for president!

Setragni

my thoughts...

Tony I like "good deals" and always think somewhere around 1/2 of retail for a used RSM tank (that are pretty much in demand, even used) ... something like $350 for a stock 130D in good condition... imo - is a good deal.

this should add quite a bit more value... $$$ to the above price

Eshopps overflow Box
Eshhops 20g sump
Eshopps PSK 75 skimmer

How much were these three items new?

Thank you very much Glenn. Those were around 300 all together. But i bought them for a very close to wholesale price.

Setragni

Thanks Steve!
Matt - the idea of a second tank do not please my wife. Moving furniture around for more space and etc.
You know! Women stuff.

Willie McDaries

half of new price is about the norm for anything used but I've never been able to even get half back LOL

I have ran across a few good deals before though,my skimmer was around $1200 new (ReeFlo Orca 250) I bought it 7 months used for $300+shipping which I thought was good :D once it was cleaned,and it was really nasty,but it still looks and works like new...now for my Vortech MP60,I got it about 2 months used and only saved just over $100 on it after shipping...it really depends on being in the right place at the right time....

I would price it at about 3/4th the new price of the tank and whatever upgrades you have with it,especially if it is all still in excellent shape,you can always come down on the price if it doesn't attract any interest...something else to consider,doing partial trades sometimes might net a better deal for you,if there's other equipment that you could use with your upgrade

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
With most tanks... I think one is lucky to get back 1/2 cost, the RSM tanks do hold the value well as compared to many & 1/2 new is common on them and the RSM 250 even up to 2/3 the price of new is not uncommon.