How long can tank go without skimmer?

Ratpack

I need to take the sump offline for a few days in order to determine if I have a leak or just a mishap.

Some background as to why. I saw some water around the base of the stand the other morning and cannot figure out where it came from. It had salt in it so I know it isn't the ATO tank. I dried it up and then noticed it is still damp there after two days. I had the top off the skimmer that day so I am hoping it is just a mishap and the skimmer somehow spit water out the top and that is what is there. I have checked all around inside the stand and do not see any water, so I am baffled as to where it came from. So what I want to do is take the sump off line, take it out of the stand and check everything out. With my schedule, it might take a few days to do it all.

So how long do you think I can leave the sump offline which has the skimmer in it before things start to go south? I know I will have to back off the feedings while it is down as well.

sirrealism

I would think you will be fine for a couple days. if your worried about it, half way through do a water change.