How is using T5 compact fluorescent lighting?

cracker

I Just ordered an ATI dimmable 6 bulb fixture for the 75. To be honest I'm tired of messing these Led's ! Call me old school if Ya want. Anyway I'm just interested in hearing from those who have T5"s & how do You like them. Thanks

DaveK

I had T5s, since replaced with LED Lighting. Simply put you can get very good light from T5s. I used a mix of 10000K bulbs and actinic bulbs in a 1 to 1 ratio.

That being said, the only big advantage you get out of T5 verses LED is lower initial purchase price. Once you figure the TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) over 5 years, the LEDs beat the T5s hands down. You will have no bulb replacement costs, lower power consumption, and much better control with LEDs.

As you can see, I liked them for awhile, but they were replaced with something I consider much better.

Perhaps the questions should be is why don't you like LED lighting.

cracker

Well I guess everybody around here are using led,s ! My used Steve's led fixture that was working just fine died so I hung a couple of 165 black box lights until I could figure out & buy something. Never used T5's & have heard good things them. Should have the fixture Wednesday/Thursday this week. So we shall see !

mr_tap_water

I think the only beneficial thing with T5s is that you get a more even spread of light which also helps with shadowing. and Cheaper to replace then LEDs if something goes wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk