How do I post pictures?

CDMSeaLife

Maybe, I'm to new and don't have enough posts or maybe I just can't figure it out! I did try under community heading to create an album but didn't have any luck.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Or you can select Photo Gallery and create an album under there:

goma-albums-general-pics-picture25371-untitled.jpg

CDMSeaLife

Or you can select Photo Gallery and create an album under there:

Where do I find BB Code? I managed to create album (would only let me add 3 pictures) but still can't figure out how to post. I really don't want to use Photo Bucket because I already have so many photo back ups I don't know what to do with them.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
The pics have to be "hosted" the easy way is... upload a pic to Photobucket (free hosting) then once loaded it's easy... once loaded, right click on the pic & select "Copy Image URL" then paste that into a post here... with this "image syntax" around it.

It will look like this...

If you get an error leave it & I will help :) once you do it once & "get it" it's really easy from then on :)

PS - if you happen to have an iphone - there is a great easy photobucket app

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photobucket/id314439840?mt=8

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
This is going to sound more difficult than it actually is, you can upload directly to RS as Glenn stated.

1) Resizing your picture down to around 800x600 is best,
2) Click on “Photo Gallery” link on the left hand side of the home page.
goma-albums-general-pics-picture25370-untitled.jpg

3) If you haven't created any albums yet, select "Create New Album". Give it a name and select “Save Changes”.
4) Select “Upload Photos”; you should now be on the ReefSanctuary Photos Image Upload page, Browse to find where the picture is located on your machine then click “upload”, Once it is uploaded, close the small window.
3) On the next page, enter in a Title, select Save Changes. The photo is now in your Gallery.

To link the uploaded picture in a thread;
1) Go to your gallery and click on the photo,
2) In the lower right, copy the information in the “BB Code” block.

3) Paste that into you post.

Done!!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Clicking on your RS name over your avatar & then click view profile - takes everyone to them ;) looks like great pics, love see them bigger :)

CDMSeaLife

This is going to sound more difficult than it actually is, you can upload directly to RS as Glenn stated.

1) Resizing your picture down to around 800x600 is best,
2) Click on “Photo Gallery” link on the left hand side of the home page.
goma-albums-general-pics-picture25370-untitled.jpg

3) If you haven't created any albums yet, select "Create New Album". Give it a name and select “Save Changes”.
4) Select “Upload Photos”; you should now be on the ReefSanctuary Photos Image Upload page, Browse to find where the picture is located on your machine then click “upload”, Once it is uploaded, close the small window.
3) On the next page, enter in a Title, select Save Changes. The photo is now in your Gallery.

To link the uploaded picture in a thread;
1) Go to your gallery and click on the photo,
2) In the lower right, copy the information in the “BB Code” block.

3) Paste that into you post.

Done!!

Hi Greg, when I click on pictures there is no "BB Code" in the lower right, maybe because I'm using an ipad? I'll try using a host. Thank you so much for your help.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I will show you how fast it can be... :) saving once of your pics now to my pc & then uploading to photobucket - back in a min ;)

Mark9

Has been struck by the ban stick
Nice tank!

One tip, if you use the "direct" link from photobucket, the picture is not linkable.
Some people use tablets, and inadvertent touches sometimes open photobucket, which can be annoying.

Dracko

OK. So I went to Photo Gallery and created an album. Then I went to upload and loaded a pic (585 kb). The picture loaded as a cover (?) for the album and the album said no photos in album. So I tried to add again and got message "This photo exceeds your total album file-size quota by 534.4 KB." So I figured I did something wrong, and deleted the album. Then I created a new album, but I cant add any photo(s) because I still get the same message. ??????