Holes in leather.

stravo71

I've had this guy since a little cutting off of the main coral. That was about a year ago. Yesterday I saw him laying over not opening his polyps and with a couple holes in him. I pulled him and gave him an iodine r/o dip. This morning he looked a little better but then he went right back to the way he looked yesterday.
34726e41438ff4abe865a44b6cb4e690.jpg
6821ffc74b69ed230778a0931a9d23cc.jpg
2a6001de85bbd16b168974c339c234e0.jpg

DaveK

This is where you need to be very careful. It looks like it was damaged by something taking a bite out of it. You did the right thing by dipping it. Check it carefully, and if the area seems to be getting better leave it alone. If it gets worse, frang off the good parts and mount them to a piece of LR.

Leather corals will often shrink up and look bad for a day to several days. They do this to grow. You might be fine here. If in doubt give the coral the smell test. A normal coral smells bad. One that is about to die will smell really horrid and foul.

frisbee

Are you sure your tank is hitchhiker free? (the bad ones) My LFS had a problem like this with there soft corals one time. After flipping rocks and a lot of patience, an unwanted crab was found. (dark & sinister) FWIW, GL.

stravo71

Are you sure your tank is hitchhiker free? (the bad ones) My LFS had a problem like this with there soft corals one time. After flipping rocks and a lot of patience, an unwanted crab was found. (dark & sinister) FWIW, GL.
I'm not 100% sure there are no hitchhikers. But he is looking a lot better after the dip. Open and all