Hi - RSM250 sump water flow question

Gazzman

Hi Everyone my name is Dave and I live in Newcatsle Australia.
I have been into Marine Aquariums for 20 years and over this time learn't a lot and done all the wrong things and some right.

I have a Red Sea Max 250 tank and it has been running for a few years.
I added a sump to the tank and have a question regarding the water flows and where the sump outlet and inlet is.

I originaly built an overflow with PVC pipe and installed it in the left chanber of the rear of the tank.
The outlet comes in from the rear and connects to the water outlet in the left chamber but squirts water into the tank as the left outlet did.

The right chamber still has the original pump and draws water from the overflow accross the heater to pump water down to the chiller and back up to the right chamber water outlet back into the tank.

I am starting to think this was a mistake as the water flow into the sump and back is not as much as the tank had when the two original pumps where cycling water from the rear back into the tank.

What have other people done and found the best for flow ?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

Hopefully some can advise on the flow :nessie:

Gazzman

CHeck out my vid on youtube.
It has been running for a couple of months now and I love it. Got to put in a Vertex Omega skimmer
Hi I like what you have done it looks really tidy and well made.
That skimmer certainly does a great job.
I bought a CSkim 1800, bit over the top but it works well too just takes up a lot of room.