Help with my betta!-white-pinkish nodule

Azalissa

I have had my betta a year and a half and noticed a white fuzzy nodule on his head, can you help me with what it could be? I though it was fungus and tried fungal cure, didn't work, then tried marycin2, still there. He seems un-phased still eats fine, but I'm worried about it. He's had it for a month now. He lives in a two gallon tank, no filter, temp at 78-79 degrees. I've been changing his water every 3-4days
177207e389f266a2c6fc6858330d5cf1.jpg

Attached is what it looks like. I can try and take a better one but it's a little hard to get clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveK

I suspect your beta has a tumor. The other thing that comes to mind is that this is damage and healing from a wound there.

Not much you can do about it in either case.

Oxylebius

To add to what DaveK posted.... keep water quality up, keep on top of water changes. This helps to relive any additional stress the fish may have. Good water quality goes a long way in helping fish to both stay healthy and to fight any issues that it is having.

If a tumor, not sure if there is anything you can do about it. If a wound that is healing, give it time. feed well and keep good water quality.

Fish can develop tumors (some cancerous) like humans do. Sometimes there isn't much we can do about it. I know that is tough to hear.

Koi are known to develop tumors, maybe do some searches on the net about how koi have been treated for tumors. Maybe this will help you out.