Help with frogspawn coral??

Ok so my question is that I just got a frogspawn coral and am trying to find a good place to put him and I wanted to know if you are suppose to put the frag part under the sand and cover it up so the coral is just sticking out or are you suppose to just lay the frag piece with coral on top of the sand???? Please help and help is appreciated..!!

frisbee

I would bury the skeleton in the sand so most of the polyps are directed up at the light. Another option is to find a good spot among the rocks and either super glue or epoxy the coral in place. GL.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I always like to keep my frags out of the sand. I'd suggest sitting it on a rock on the sand bed until you figure out where you want it or where it likes best, then glue it to your LR. Most corals I've had don't like to be covered in sand. That's my suggestion ;) My little froggy has grown like crazy...I like it! Hope your's does well.

My frogspawn (lower left side)
e67cd2aa0510208bc8869e538b435a2a_zps93372184.jpg

Last edited:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
My little froggie when he was just a baby:
9D63C3EC-78ED-425E-A5C4-F37196D9CF4C-55435-000030831051EDC3_zps12ee42f2.jpg

Be sure to take a baby picture of your's too ;)

Steve L

My single head of frogspawn which I bought 1-1/2 years ago is now 22 heads and about the size of a soccer ball. I think it's time to frag.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I always "stick" my Euphyllia coral in the rock work and up away from the sand. I've seen some beautiful colonies on the sand but the majority of the ones you see are up on the rock work. I started with a small frag years ago of just a few heads and when I broke the tank down the colony was probably near 100 heads. We counted something like 88 heads one time and we could only see about 3/4 of the colony. Once they are acclimated to light they can take some insanely intense light but this takes time and care. Usually lower to mid tank is the safe "starting" point and out of direct flow. Their living tissue is VERY soft and easily cut by rock or even their own skeleton so you don't want directly current pushing them into hard/sharp sections. Random flow is best.

I put him like this on the sand as for now bc he looks good there but my Duncan is thriving in the sand also check them out and tell me what you think and tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk