Help with a crab molt.

XBwlr

I found this crab molt while cleaning my 29 gallon.

Anyone know what it is? Is it safe to have in the tank?

TIA.

Last edited:

Witfull

a hunting we will go~a hunting we will go~hi ho a merrio~a hunting we will go

pointy pinchers thick and strong...i say evil.

Mad Mike

Its a B&B crab. Beer and butter! :jumprope:

No clue what it is but its getting bigger so we gonna need a bigger pot!

XBwlr

Mad Mike said:
Its a B&B crab. Beer and butter! :jumprope:

No clue what it is but its getting bigger so we gonna need a bigger pot!
Yea... This is the second one I've found. Didn't think much about the first one, but now, definately getting bigger.

Witfull said:
i say evil
So, I should hunt it down and and kill it?

Mad Mike

I looked at about a million different crabs last night and found stuff that was close but nothing exact. Where's the rock from? I assume he hitch hiked in?

Witfull

Bwlr said:
Yea... This is the second one I've found. Didn't think much about the first one, but now, definately getting bigger.

So, I should hunt it down and and kill it?
personally,,,i would,,,ive ripped a tank apart due to a crab sighting,,,but thats me :)

seriously, it looks to be a flesh eater, any missing snails or mysterious tears in fish fins?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
OMG... crab legs anyone??? :eek:

c18.jpg

Witfull

that looks like a tasmanian crab,,up to 35lbs and strong enough to break a human arm.

ill bring the butter and bibs~~

XBwlr

Wifull said:
any missing snails or mysterious tears in fish fins?
No. There's only two fish in there, a Clarkii and a Scooter... they both look fine. I'm not sure about the snails... I'll have to sit and watch the tank for a while.

Mad Mike said:
I looked at about a million different crabs last night and found stuff that was close but nothing exact. Where's the rock from? I assume he hitch hiked in?
Thanks for lookin'. I believe it's Fiji. I got most of it at the LFS and the kid wasn't sure where it came from. There is some in there that I bought from ReeferMadness, Fiji Premium, which came from WaltSmith. Yes, it hitchhiked in.

Wonder if this is the same crab or not...

If it is, then I know where he's hanging out.
Once I get that rock out of there, I should be able to flush him out with a shot of freshwater, shouldn't I?

Last edited:

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
send him to me looks like a teddy bear crab harmless calm down wit I'll ay shipping don;t kill it

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
ok I'm wrong it's not a teddy bear crab but I'll still take him and pay shipping sorry for the last post typing to quick millions of crabs chance you'd get a monster 1 in a million unless you ask witt every crab is a monster lol

XBwlr

I've read through the links on here, and one said to use shrimp in panty hose... so, that's in the tank right now.

I'll let ya know as soon as I catch him.