Help Please

Reas1987

Whats up everyone? Im super new to this and haven't purchased a tank yet. I figured I would get on here and start picking everyones brain before actually purchasing. I have two tanks in mind and am bent on which one to purchase. The Red Sea Max C250 or the Max E260. They only reason I am contemplating this is because I want a closed top (well at least I think I do). Do you think ill have future problems with the C250 seeing as they don't make it anymore? Any thoughts would be great.

DaveK

Before you spend any money figure out what you want to keep and learn about that species first. Then select your tank and other equipment. Some species are very demanding with water quality or feeding. Make sure your up to that if you want to keep it.

Buying something out of production is always something of a risk, but then again, even if you buy a new model, it will go out of production sooner or later. The good thing is that most of the time there are other parts that will work.

As for "noise", this is very subjective. It depends on the tank's location and the people involved. It's going to sound louder in a bedroom, compared to other rooms. Also, what is almost silent to me might sound like a jack hammer to you.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :nessie:

You won't have any trouble getting parts for whichever RSM tank you get, parts are available for RSM tanks that came out 9 years ago...

cracker

Hello reas, I'm a fellow Floridian. I'm just south of Jax. I think people upgrade stuff is because it's so much fun trying to improve their tanks. The old adage" why fix it if it's not broken" most times doesn't apply to this hobby LOL. Good luck with Your tank and please share with us. Lot's of knowledgeable people here to answer those inevitable question all us beginners have.

DaveK

Hello reas, I'm a fellow Floridian. I'm just south of Jax. I think people upgrade stuff is because it's so much fun trying to improve their tanks. The old adage" why fix it if it's not broken" most times doesn't apply to this hobby LOL. Good luck with Your tank and please share with us. Lot's of knowledgeable people here to answer those inevitable question all us beginners have.

How true. Many upgrades are made and the net result is that the system is a little better, but not that much better. In other words, they should have saved the money and not made the upgrade.

Don't feel too bad about this. I have made a lot of marginal upgrades myself, and wasted a lot of money in the process.

Paul B

Welcome Reas1987. I got to admit I have no idea what a Red Sea Max 250 or a Max E260 are or why they would be noisy. But I am eager to learn. :cool:

DaveK

Welcome Reas1987. I got to admit I have no idea what a Red Sea Max 250 or a Max E260 are or why they would be noisy. But I am eager to learn. :cool:

LOL.

Keep in mind that Reef Sanctuary is open to all. We even have people here that use undergravel filters.:adoration: