Help please what anemone do I have?

Jodie

Hello,
I would like some help please, my father bought me an anemone a while ago for my tank after we had a mass exodus and I believe I've finally gotten my levels sorted (still needs a little tweaking and can't remember them off the top of my head) and I'd like to start adding new additions to the tank such a corals but I'm not to sure what type of anemone I have (its split in two, the photo is of one them, I think is trying to split again)
I think its a long tentacle anemone but I'm not 100%
Thank you so much in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200921-095200_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200921-095200_Gallery.jpg
    483.1 KB · Views: 3

DaveK

Die to the many fine long tentacles, I think it's a Ceriathus anemone. It's a little hard to be 100% sure though, since anemones can vary a lot in shape and color even within the same species.

One way to try in pin this down is that Ceriathus anemones are tube anemones and in time will form a tube around their base.

One other thing. Ceriathus anemones are extremely predatory and they are much more likely to capture fish and other things that blunder into them. Clowns will not host in them since they can't become immune to the stinging cells of this anemone.

Jodie

Die to the many fine long tentacles, I think it's a Ceriathus anemone. It's a little hard to be 100% sure though, since anemones can vary a lot in shape and color even within the same species.

One way to try in pin this down is that Ceriathus anemones are tube anemones and in time will form a tube around their base.

One other thing. Ceriathus anemones are extremely predatory and they are much more likely to capture fish and other things that blunder into them. Clowns will not host in them since they can't become immune to the stinging cells of this anemone.

Thank you for replying, my clown isn't bothered with it and it isn't bothered with them (it loves brine shrimp and the tweezers), it's also well and truly embedded in my rock to the point I can't even see its foot just its tentacles and mouth are visible. (The other one is on the move so I might be able to collect that one), I am after upgrading my tank from a 50L to a 130L so I might wait until then to try and evice it (or one of them) as I would love to have corals and more of a diverse tank.