Help please - Reef Octopus 3000 Int

Seagars

I just all of a sudden started to get inconsistent airflow into the pump.
what is wrong and how do i fix it? not making bubbles!!!!
Thank you

sirrealism

I have the same skimmer and this just happened to me 2. You will find that your impeller is stuck and the rubber bushings are spinning. Soak the impeller in vinegar over night and then try to get the bearings off the shaft. I didnt soak long enough so i ended up braking one of the bearings and now have to buy a new impeller

sirrealism

Parrish. Ya I know where that is. Wait are you on TBRC on RC also. I have seen your name before. I think I have met you and bought some corals from you. Its a small world.

sirrealism

Very cool. I think I bought some or you had some minimaxi carpets. Do you have a tank thread? Would love to see what your tank has done in the last couple years

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Link to your chronicle in all your posts

Just click on your RS screenname at the very top right of every page, clickPersonal Details & fill in this section...

Reef Chronicle:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Enter the link to your reef chronicle here! ^
The new link will now appear in your avatar section & in all your post, making it easy for all members to
find your tank thread.

It will look like this...
Reef Chronicle: Yup

Seagars

after a good clean it did ru for a minute or two and then nothing. took the pump apart and put it back together and now the impeller won't spin at all. ARG

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I had this happen and I was told by cv the pump was bad after they sold me a replacement impeller.

Contact them to see if its under warranty but I had the exact issue

sirrealism

Good point. I was looking at this on BRS and it said there was a 3 year warranty on the pump. Mine is older then 3 years but maybe seagars is not.