Help-Moving a full tank

Mitchell

So I didn't do very good planning before I started filling the tank with water and rock. Now I wish I had of set it up about another foot and a half from the wall. If I were to drain the sump and empty most of the water out of the tank do you think a couple people could gently push and pull it along the carpet to a new spot?

oh ya its a 2x2x2 60 gallon cube

reefer gladness

The stand isn't designed at all for the lateral stress that will be put on it when it's being pushed. If you can wedge some carpet sliders under the corners it might be possible, depends on how solidly built the stand is. I wouldn't risk it but then again I live in earthquake territory.

steved13

PREMIUM
I moved an RSM 250 (65 gallons) that way and it was fine, but I took as much water as I could out, about 90%. I moved it about 6 feet though. Slide it from the bottom, not from the top at all.

jpsika08

When I had my RSM250 I moved it full, three people and we pushed like hell LOL.

Even my 275g tank was moved like this, a friend and I held our backs against a wall and pushed the freaking thing full of water with our legs, at least 4 inches hahahahaha

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
jpsika08 said:
When I had my RSM250 I moved it full, three people and we pushed like hell LOL.

Even my 275g tank was moved like this, a friend and I held our backs against a wall and pushed the freaking thing full of water with our legs, at least 4 inches hahahahaha

That's crazy Juan! You're gonna hurt yourself... And not in a good way. Not to mention that's how leaks get started... By over stressing the joints laterally. Especially with glass aquariums.

Bottom line, lighten the load as much as possible. As much water as is reasonable, and any massive rock I'd take out too...

....Color by Technicolor....