Help identifying this hitchicker

Good evening all,

I have had my livingrock in my new M90 for two now and although I have the tiny star fish multiplying, I also saw a strange bristle type work cone out of a hole in the living rock. It was out for a minute or so before disappearing again and not seen it since.

I just need sone help identifying what it is and most importantly if it is reef safe or not.

I look forward to receiving any info from you all.

Kind regards

Photo attached (I think haha)

Attachments

• IMG_0050.JPG
    IMG_0050.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 21

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Common bristle worm - think of them like earthworms of the sea, they can eat debris that gets back in the rocks where snails & other cuc (clean up crew) members can't reach - their numbers will increase and decrease depending on how much you overfeed.

and :rbwwelc:to RS - start a tank thread and share your tank with us, we love pics !

index.php

Good morning,

Thank you for the identification and also the kind welcome.

I will of course start a thread for the M90 and show it's progression

At the moment it has a lot of brown algae on the sands and living rock. I ruffle the sand to get rid of it and brush it if the areas of rock that I can get to easyily.

I have checked my salt level and that seems fine, the nitrate level is reading around 5. I have nothing in the tank at the moment apart from the "now" identified bristle worm and around 10 small funny shaped starfish. I leave the main light on for around 8 hours a day, then switch it to the blue night light.

Any tips or anything I can introduce to the tank to help battle the brown algae? Based on the time the tank has been set up and the nitrate level, as I've been advised not to add anything by the marine shop I bought the tank from, not to add anything until the nitrate is at 0.

Again, thank you in advance

Little smudge