Help...help...

kenziro

Hi...all of you...thank's for welcome me in this RS...
My tank has 4 months old...
I've 5 anemonefish, 5 pipefish, 2 damsel, 2 manderin, 2 three spot domino, 2 striped damsel, 1 bicolor, 4 shrimp cleaner and 2 little star...
I've 1 sun coral, frogspawn, mushrooms, starpollyp and others(sorry i can't name all of it...i'm just beginner)
I've no chiller & skimmer and other test kits...the only thing i've is salt water meter, 2x20 watt lamps, pump...(poor me)

EMERGENCY...
In this 2 days...my corals become stress(can't bloom/open even my mushrooms)...but my fishes normal...
NOW I'M STESS TOO..
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME...WHAT HEPPENED TO MY CORALS...???

PhilOlsen

Has been struck by the ban stick
My guess is to much to soon and not enought light. With the tank only being 4 month old that is a lot of livestock, I have some questions about your set up.
1) what size is your tank?
2) are you running external filtration?
3) what are your water parameters?
4) how often due you do water changes?
5)do you use tap water?
6) do you have live rock in the tank?
My second guess is the nitrates are through the roof and should be addressed immediatley, do large water changes using RO/DI filtered water, get a good skimmer asap, you may also want to consider returning the corals to the LFS to get credit and use it for a skimmer. The lighting is not sufficent to grow or sustain corals. The fish are more tolerant of nitrates than the corals but even they have their limits.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Hi Ken, like Phil said but we really need those paramaters, if you dont have test kits do a water change and take some water to your local lfs and have them check it for you, take care Steve

kenziro

Thanks for your help....
My Tank model : Desktop
1.Tank size : 60x40x30 centimeter
2.Internal Filtration
3.saltwater meter (to measure the salt in the water)
4.never change the water, only add it if it less
5.no
ok, i'll change the water...thanks.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
wow Ken, thats only 18.5 gallons!! with that much stuff in there you are going to have difficulties. Steve

PhilOlsen

Has been struck by the ban stick
OK, first you need to do regular water changes and use RO/DI filtered water for all changes as well as top offs. Second, the tank is way overstocked, you should remove all livestock other than 2 of the damsels for now, corals included and return to the LFS while they are still alive. Third get a good skimmer a ramora c hang on would be good for a tank you size. Fourth add live rock I would go with 25-30 lbs total for your tank, but get fully cured in order to help with the cycling process and keep from harming the damsels. As Steve metioned knowing the parameters is vital so you should also get a test kit to keep a eye on it. Patience is the most valuable advice I can give you. The general rule of thumbs for stocking is 1" of fish per 5 gallons of water and this should be calculated at matured size of the species. You really need to address the issues immediately or you are almost certain to have a complete crash and loose everything.

lgerold

Hi! Unfortunately, you are truly overstocked. I expect you are heading for a "crash" and I'm afraid your fish won't survive.

Reduce your stocking right away, and we'll help you get your tank going safely.

This is a common problem - fish stores like to sell fish, so they often overlook stocking levels when they sell the fish to you. Unfortunately, alot of folks end up giving up the hobby because of this, and alot of fish and corals die in the process.

We are here to help!

Gibeon

Ummm.... 21 Fish in an 20 Gallon tank? I can't believe that everything is not dead. I'm finding it hard to believe at all.

craig7220

You need a protein skimmer. Its one of the most important pieces of equipment in the tank. Also your lighting will not support most corals. Like stated, it sounds like your tank is headed for a crash... Right now, water changes and the addition of cured live rock will help.

kyle1284

SKIMMER you have to have one.... i do not know how everything is still living .... i bet of u had a skimmer it would be pulling out the darkest skimmate ever! lol your bio load is way to big for that size tank

rDr4g0n

i bet having all that stuff packed in there looks really cool though...

maybe if you had about a 100 gallon sump you could make it work lol