HELP!! CLOWN FISH TURNING WHITE

Ohyeahtyler

I have a 2.5 gallon tank with 1 clown fish , 3 turbo snails and 2 small hermit crabs. My clownfish has been fine lately just swimming a lot. I've checked my water and it's perfect. But once I put the turbo snails in today she's been moving a lot. Now the bottom of her body is turning white!!

Attachments

• IMG_0211.JPG
    IMG_0211.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 18

mr_tap_water

Hi there
It could be a number of reasons like,

Poor water quality ,stress, Low temperatures, Poor quality food, and might even be brook. And that's Just a few I can think of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveK

Welcome to RS. You have several issues here. Please don't take this personally. I'm not trying to beat up on you. I want to see you have a great tank.

I suspect your clown is suffering from clownfish disease, also called Brooklynella. This often causes white often blotchy areas on the fish. Typical treatment is Formalin used in a quarantine tank.

Te other problem is that a 2.5 gal tank is too small to contain most fish. By the time you add rocks and gravel to a tank, it's holding about 2 gal of water. Typical requirements for fish is about 5 gal of water per 1 inch of fish. In other words for a 2 inch clown you need about 10 gal of water, which works out to about a 12 to 15 gal tank. You really need to correct this.

Please post the water parameters you tested and what the actual readings are. What you think is perfect might indicate a major problem to someone here. We also don't know what you tested.