Help can it be ich again!!!

Wmbsteve

Hi all.......Happy new year!

So we have come to the end of our first year.......what a ride.......
I have a question. We had white spot so we took the boys out,a magnificent foxface (Roger)
a kole tang (Goggles) and a Valentino puffer (Dog). We was prepared, we had sponges cycling in our sump and set up the hospital tank no ammonia no nitrites virtually no nitrates. We contacted seachem and asked their advise on using copper with Dog and they recommended that we slowly raised the copper at half the recommended rate per day and that the minimum dose of 0.3mg/l would be ok but to go for 21 days rather than 14 days.
Well raised the copper level slowly to 0.4mg/l and kept it there for the 21 days.
All the time the water prams were fine. The boys ate well and we added supplements to their food. in the last week we treated with prazipro. Everyone looked great!
Our display stayed fallow for 10 weeks with only hermits cleaner shrimp snails and a pistol.
So after the 10 weeks we put the guys back in to the display. What a happy day!
That was 2 weeks ago and yesterday I noticed a white spot on Rogers pectoral fin and today Goggles has one and Roger has a couple more.
There is a lot of floating bits in the water column as I've just fitted an apex with the wav pumps and I'm looking to do a 50% water change 150L this weekend.
Now is it white spot or.......... if it is how has it happened we have been so so careful.

I hope one of you guys can help us out. Cheers

Uncle99

Ick usually, but not exclusively, starts in the gills of the fish and makes it difficult for the fish to breath and eat. It then spreads to the body area where it feeds on the flesh of the fish. Is the fish swimming, eating and acting normal? Do you have a pic? You mention a spot or two, what's the size. Ick looks like a very fine sugar and is on the body, I have not seen it on the fins before.

Wmbsteve

They all eating really well. Three times a day and a bit of seaweed on the clip to snack on. Having a nightmare getting a picture I'm not sure how to get on here anyway. the one on the tang has gone( I know ich drops off so not a plus sign ) the ones the foxface started with a large (2mm) right in the middle but now they seem to be at the very top of the curve of the fin. To be honest it doesn't look frayed or damaged but.... not really sure how to explain it. They're all swimming around happily

Thanks for the reply uncle

Uncle99

Based on the fact they are eating and swimming normally, this does not sound like Ick. Ick stops the eating and swimming as the parasite infects the hills where it has access to the blood it craves. In addition, you mention 2 mm white spots, this is no Ick I have ever seen, Ick looks like a dusting of flour. I read about a person with the same description as you, 2 or 3 white dots about 1-2 mm....which I understand was flukes.....and then they fell off...never seen another post.....maybe you could research flukes, I just don't see anything in your post that sounds like Ick.....hope that helps..

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
fyi - @Uncle99 I think you can edit your post, until someone else makes a post or until 24 hours passes and fix :) just fyi

I speed type and post, then re-read and have to fix typos all the time :rolleyes: