Hello!

GuildedGravity

Hi All,

I'm new on the forum and about plumb a tank for the first time. I have a freshwater 40G breeder with 3 fancy goldfish (I know this is a reef forum, but I need plumbing advice mostly) and am currently running two aquaclear 70 HOBs. I'll create a separate post to detail my situation, but I just wanted to say hi!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Welcome to RS!! Happy to help with the plumbing. What are you trying to incorporate?

GuildedGravity

Welcome to RS!! Happy to help with the plumbing. What are you trying to incorporate?
Thanks! I was going to make another post, but this is what I'm looking at:

I have a 40G breeder and a 20G sump that I built. I have a Fluval SP4 pump which I realize now is way overkill. I figure I can use it if I upgrade in the future though and for now I will put a gate valve to regulate the flow. I was thinking of drilling 2 holes in the tank. One 1.5" bulkhead hole for a Eclipse M Overflow Box (800 GPH) to set up a Herbie overflow (2X 1" bulkheads in the external weir). Then a 1" bulkhead hole on the opposite corner for a return. I want to shoot for around 600 GPH. For reference at my head height of about 3.5' the SP4 says it does ~1213 GPS with nothing factored in for bends, valves, or couplings.