Hello world!!!!

K1llaKhan

I'm having a prob with my anename. He's suppose to be green with worm like tentacles.
But the center is looking brownish gray and he's looking like floppy lettuce.
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4

soco

its kinda hard to tell from that pic. For some reason its sideways. It looks like it is either deflating and pooping something out its mouth (same hole) which is normal. They will deflate and be very small and "wilty" looking than reflate. Or it is starting to deteriorate. Is the mouth gaping open or does it look ripped or like something is coming out of it?

Things can happen very quik with nems so keep an eye on it. A better pic of the mouth would help

K1llaKhan

its kinda hard to tell from that pic. For some reason its sideways. It looks like it is either deflating and pooping something out its mouth (same hole) which is normal. They will deflate and be very small and "wilty" looking than reflate. Or it is starting to deteriorate. Is the mouth gaping open or does it look ripped or like something is coming out of it?

Things can happen very quik with nems so keep an eye on it. A better pic of the mouth would help

Just seen it emit a very thin cloud type of gas... Maybe it was looking for privacy to relieve itself.
Nothing torn from what I can see
It just keeps going back to the same spot...
Tentacles seem to be getting more life in them now but the center is still grayish .. Looks like he's turning back..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15

K1llaKhan

Should I leave my light on at all times ? I usually shut it during the day to avoid algae build up but I noticed the anename wasn't quite liking it

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

index.php

soco

That pic does not look good man.
Ill start here
What are tank specs?
how old is tank?
what kind of lights do you have?
what kind of anemone is that?

soco

That looks like a beached out bubble tip.
Should I leave my light on at all times ? I usually shut it during the day to avoid algae build up but I noticed the anename wasn't quite liking it
No you should not leave them on all the time. Depending on your tank your light timing might be different. I run mine from 830 to 830 but I am still figuring out my new light and don't have it at full power yet.

Def need tank specs and more info to try and save it. but at this point its alive so DONT touch it.
leave it alone as not to stress it. you also might wanna lower flow so it doesn't blow around until you figure if you can save it.

K1llaKhan

That pic does not look good man.
Ill start here
What are tank specs?
how old is tank?
what kind of lights do you have?
what kind of anemone is that?
You should've seen it earlier...
I have a 24 gallon nano, ammonia-.25
Nitrite-.0
Nitrate-40ppm
Salinity-30
Tank ran for about a month before any fish.
It's been running now for about 4 months.
I was told it is a long tentacle anename.

soco

You should've seen it earlier...
I have a 24 gallon nano, ammonia-.25
Nitrite-.0
Nitrate-40ppm
Salinity-30
Tank ran for about a month before any fish.
It's been running now for about 4 months.
I was told it is a long tentacle anename.

Ok first off any ammonia in the tank is a huge red flag. That is either what killed it or a sign its dyeing.

That is high nitrates for nems they need good water and stable water that's why most recommend no nems till 6+ months. For the tank stability.

salinity when you say 30 do you mean 30 ppt or .030 specific gravity? Most people try to keep between .024 and .026 sg. 31.9 ppt - 34.5 ppt

Whats your temp?

What are your lights?

Do you smell anything yet?

K1llaKhan

Not sure if the lighting it came with the nanotank, water has been running for about a couple months with no life in it. Then I put in an eel I believe is suppose to be a snowflake but he's green. I also have a brittle banded starfish as well in the tank and those guys are fine.
It seems when I buy fish from the certain pet store they seem to get sick. the first one was a bubble and let's just say his bubble popped.
So now I have this guy. I turned off my light and it seems to be a little better , tentacles , half are up and half are somewhat floppy but still brownish gray in the middle of the body.

soco

Well sounds to me like ur tank is still a little young for anemones. Also the stock lights that came with ur nano tank are most likely not strong enough to keep them alive. Nems are mostly photosynthetic just like coral. Yes they will eat too but mostly they need good water and alot of light to stay healthy.

I would say first off dona water change and get rid of the ammonia and nitrates. The symptoms your describing don't sound too good tho man. :-(

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

soco

Also be aware when nems dies they can do so quickly and foul up a whole tank in a flash. I'd say if u think its already dead best to get it out and save everyone else. Just my 2 cents

K1llaKhan

Thanx guys I appreciate all you've done for me. Unfortunately it seemed it flipped itself over. The mouth side was nice and pink but the side I was seeing was deteriating so I had to pull it out and do a quick water change about 5% seeing how the fish stores are all closed and I'm out of water conditioner....
So I can't do a good 25er

soco

Glad u pulled it out! Sorry for the luck. I'd say do some research and check out that link nano posted. Get ur knowledge on lol. Get things a bit more stable and then when u feel comfortable try again. But I would strongly recommend waiting a bit and figuring if ur lights can even support them. Nothing good in a reef tank happens fast. Remember that. Good luck and happy reefing!

K1llaKhan

Glad u pulled it out! Sorry for the luck. I'd say do some research and check out that link nano posted. Get ur knowledge on lol. Get things a bit more stable and then when u feel comfortable try again. But I would strongly recommend waiting a bit and figuring if ur lights can even support them. Nothing good in a reef tank happens fast. Remember that. Good luck and happy reefing!

Well guys, my anename prob was solved . Now my brittle banded star fish seems to have gotten all its tenticals shortened. Like he pulled them all off .. I knw they shed a leg or 2 but all of them at once?