Hello RSM Community-New to Forums

ScoubaSteve

Hello RSM Community,
First let me introduce myself...My name, if you have already guessed, is Steve. I live in beautiful Middle Tennessee and have been in the hobby on and off for 5 years. My enthusiasm for this wonderful hobby started in late 2010 after a deployment to Iraq. After returning home, I began suffering from anger issues (not PTSD). I needed a hobby, something to reset my mindset from day to day. Like many others, I started with a 10 gal fresh water tank. That evolved into a 50 gal freshwater for a few months before I began the lengthy research process into saltwater tanks. In early 2011 I purchased the RSM 250. This tank was and still is great. After learning the proper husbandry and spending all of the time I could put into this tank, I found my anger issues were gone. I fell in love. about 2 and a half years ago, I had to shut my tank down and sell my livestock because, once again, duty called. I deployed again to Afghanistan in early 2014 and knew my wife wanted nothing to do with the tank. I returned home in Dec 2014 and about a week and a half ago I started my tank back up. Right now I am running my RSM 250 with 40lbs of Aragalive live sand and 55lbs of reef saver dry rock from BRS. All of the equipment is stock Red Sea but will most likely be replacing the skimmer with the Tunze 9004 skimmer because the stock skimmer is not working properly and I am sadly finding that replacement parts are becoming discontinued. I am hoping to add the new RSM E260 to my home sometime in the next year (wife depending of course). I look forward to continue in this hobby and interacting with each of you here on reef sanctuary.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hi Steve,

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics

and thanks for serving !