Hello Red Sea Reefers

Bossman

Hello everyone,

I've just started this adventure in reefing about a year ago now. When I was young I had a few different freshwater tanks with the usual tropical fish. I loved it back then but had no idea how complex salt water reefing has become. Such a variety of life and crazy equipment available to keep the reef tank up and running.

I started with reefing last December with a Red Sea Max E-260 and shortly after added a Max E-170. I've been running them with the back sump and have gone through the usual beginner issues. I convinced my wife we needed a QT and we put a 16 gallon fluval in the bedroom right next to the bed. That tank with a few modifications is housing some nice zoas, palys, acans, trumpets and a fingering soft coral that I can't identify. And a few fish. It's not really a QT.

I have just ordered a Red Sea Reefer 425 XL. It's going to be fun picking out my own lighting which at this point may be an ATI t5/LED combo. As well, pumps, skimmers and more.

I'll be lurking quite a bit but will also pick some members brains about running these tanks optimally.

Chris

Attached is my 260 first thing awakening in the morning.

Attachments

• Red Sea Max E 260.jpg
    Red Sea Max E 260.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 18

Bossman

Thanks guys!

It's odd how I look at my tank and think it looks so good. But when I see pics I think my gravel could be cleaner, etc. Overall, I'm happy with them. My medium tank (Max 170) is having an algae issue atm. I'm upgrading to a sump for that and think the increased filtration will help.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
:rbwwelc:to RS ! If you click on the little picture icon and add the image address it will show up big - we love pics !

index.php