Hello again old friends

burning2nd

WOW... where to start

It has been a long time since ive been a active member... mostly because my tank has been hands free for the last 5 years.

But... unlike paul i was unable to keep it hands free for ever

although in retrospect its good because its all working out for a better cause

So this is where I stand:
i have a build thread somewhere (you can find if you want to assist) but basiclly the story is as follows.

I started with a 30g which turned in to a mixed reef(probably my sig)
that went to a 75 with a 40breeder for a sump...

i moved out of my parents house with my girlfriend (which turn to wife) with that 30... to our fire house we rented.. they turned to a 75 we stayed there for 5 years (all tank life accounted for)

We had a son... Things in the tank started to take a beating
we bought a house, moved the tank things went good for a while...3-4 years...
we had a 2nd kid the tank took a hard hit.. years on no maintenance surprisingly did very well but when the choice was made to redue the floor the tank had to be broken down..

so ...
I purged the 75... almost 90% of the rock for a fresh start
was able to recover and save most of the coral i wanted back in to the OEM 30g

How do i do pictures now that photobucket is shot?

DaveK

what is wrong with using photobucket?...

As of a few days ago, there is a lot wrong with Photobucket. The now want a $400 fee if you want to use it to do 3rd party hosting, such as often done here. It's not too bad if you just have some picts of your reef, but it's a real burden for people that do this to sell things.

See these articles -
http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/interne...ing-your-amazon-ebay-listings-pricier-n779781
https://www.buzzfeed.com/katienotop...ternet-history?utm_term=.uvo2RBLpz#.yegvP78R2

Needless to say the users are extremely upset, not only because of the high charge, but because it all went in with out notice.

Best to look around for a different service.

yungreefer2410

Yeah I am wanting to use a different hosting site now as well, even with ad block their site is absolute cancer on my pc

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
interesting PB stating to charge... all the pics I have there are here on RS several hundred and no problems so far...

Maybe RS Hosted pics are now best... they will be getting negative feedback from 100 million users.

The Denver-based service was founded in 2003. The company says it has more than 100 million users

just read from their ceo...

“Major industry-wide changes in the advertising space have greatly impacted Photobucket, including the rise of ad blockers,” CEO John Corpus said in a blog posted Thursday, saying Photobucket’s had an explosion of third-party hosting that generates no revenue for the company. “This model is no longer sustainable.”

Photobucket continues to offer limited free photo storage — 2 gigabytes worth — but now it charges to store more than that...

I guess... I will watch... I have the 2 GB free plan and am at 6% full with couple 100 pics

they say 100 GB is now $99 a year - but I also have Amazon Prime about the same price, tons of free stuff, 2 day delivery and Unlimited pic hosting... testing below a Amazon Prime Hosted pic of a german brown I caught this weekend...

9Up341yWcZxdbPssWmRDjVZBBuRBqlbYW8Om1oMiq7YpX92IB

Last edited:

yungreefer2410

Cool I also have amazon prime, I will start hosting with them. Here is another prime benefit I was unaware of haha

burning2nd

so the whole point of this thread was, That ive taken down the 75, moved my GTA some zoos and other things of my liken to keep back to the 30,

Ive selected my stand for my 120, and ive gotten everything i think i need together for the 120 build... In a few weeks ill start putting that back together in the room that we are redoing the carpet right now