Has anyone used the 3W 420nm Actinic/Purple/Violet Leds Yet?

Would you use this LED?

• Yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

BLADEYAMAHA

Has anyone used the 3W 420nm Actinic/Purple/Violet Non UV Leds Yet? Does anyone think it would be a good choice? Would you use it?

Last edited:

BLADEYAMAHA

Specifications are:

Wavelength: 418-420nm
Forward voltage: 3.8V @700mA
Efficiency: 30 lm
Max. current: 700mA
Beam angle: 120-140 degree
Operational temperature: -20C ~ +70C

Optics can be installed.

BLADEYAMAHA

Would be nice if you could vote so I would know if it would be a good idea or not or you could post.

BLADEYAMAHA

I'm going to try some too BigAl07, I could get you some too before I start sponsorship, Its going to take 3 months for me to save to bulk buy and start selling on eBay or my own website. Some guy on eBay wants $14.99 each for them plus shipping and that's way too expensive. I can get them for less but I not sure about using them yet hence test subjects. PM sent BigAl07. There are none in the US that I could find.

BLADEYAMAHA

User kept secret

And I Quote---"I've been using them for about a month now in my frag tank DIY led light. I think I'm starting to see some improvements in color in some sps and possibly more coraline growth vs typical CW/RB leds. It's still too early for me to say definitively yet though. I do believe it's an important part of the spectrum that's missing with most leds."

Last edited:

BLADEYAMAHA

I can get some for people to try before I officially put them on the market in the US. If interested PM me.

BLADEYAMAHA

I was not aware Cree made their own stuff. Does Cree offer a 420nm LED? Then I guess its not made by Cree's manufacturer then! Or is it?

Last edited:

BLADEYAMAHA

Well given all the info and feedback from multiple feedback from multiple sites, I will try to buy and sell at least one bulk buy of these. It will not be until March 2012. If anyone wants some before then send me a PM.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'd love to try some but I don't have anything in-house I can test on. I'd love to see a small "Accent" strip made of them. I think that might be a good seller especially for the AIO folks (Red Sea Max tanks).

BLADEYAMAHA

I going to get some Al and I will have to set up a strip to let everyone know what they look like, every person I chatted with that had seen them in action said they are awesome and I will have to let people know what they are for-only accent or complimentary lighting to what you already have or what the norm is already used.

BLADEYAMAHA

Sorry just seeing if my computer is working, its not responding to some websites apparently.--------<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<IGNORE...........

BLADEYAMAHA

Here is a pic of the ones I'm trying to sell:

trueviolets.jpg