Has anyone dealt with ReefCleaners.org ???

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
grooveycakes - Welcome to RS, start a tank thread & share your tank with us - hate to see someone new to a forum, with their 1st post being a negative review of a vendor & RS sponsor, not saying your experience is not valid, but you have to realize, with only one post, a competitor of this sponsor, could also be knocking them & RS members have to weight your input and IMO, it's hard to judge the difference - not to offend - cheers

paulyray

Yea, I talked to John and he refunded me a small part of my purchase, which no where nearly covered the time and frustration. Like I said, I am sure that I am the exception and not the rule, but in my case reef cleaners completely dropped the ball. I received a minimal refund, missed 2 days of work, and the livestock that was the reason for my order was doa. This happened over 2 years ago and I have never made a negative post or comment before now. I realize mistakes happen, but in this example, I feel as though I got the short end of the stick. I am mostly a lurker around here, but felt compelled to weigh in.

justoddsandends

reefcleaners order ...im in a lil town and the closest fish store is well over an hour away so most items I get are mail order..also found many reviews on reefcleaners and the majority of the reviews are good

plus they were one of the few that had something I thought was cool the "fuzzy chiton"

having a coral only tank that doesnt need a ton of snails ordered several of each snail they had still managing a $98 order including shipping and their $5 promotional coupon

if you order dwarf ceriths expect some extras I order 8 probably got double that amount

the order arrived in record time from florida to va in less then 24 hours..all emails of the order were answered very promptly ...within minutes !

had 8 deaths =( total just under $20 ...kinda just hitting me as being alot since the order only had 34 snails and 2 fuzzy chitons , some macro, and pods

sent photos and the emails were answered a lil bit slower 24-48 hours ..but eventually was told he would refund the difference that day ...its been 5 days now since that email but im sure the refund will show up

if the DOA policy was honored as fast as the orders went out this would be the perfect mail order company ...it is a lil irritating waiting for this refund ...maybe was just spoiled with the instant service while ordering

as of now I wouldnt reorder but once the refund shows up would have no problem ordering in the future

after posting this he is quick on these boards too ! he showed me where it was refunded the day he said ...he even helps you read your own credit card statements !

so he was pretty quick on the refund as well ...thanks john !

Attachments

• deadsnails.jpg
    deadsnails.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Nascar99

I've never ordered them but watch your snails for like a week before determining it's dead I bought an astrea and it didn't move for 3 days now it's alive almost a year :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Have used them many times, one of my favorite vendors for cuc - have read lots of great reviews on them. LOVE the FREE SHIPPING !!! on Quick Crews

The owner is named John you can PM him here on RS too, he is a member.

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

Last edited:

Pat24601

I've used them exclusively for my snails for the last year. I've been perfectly satisfied with all of my purchases.

Actually, I should amend this slightly. I bought my Mexican Turbos from my LFS because they don't sell them. Other than that, all my snails are from them.

Dracko

I have a note to self at my desk, and I can only think I got this off RS somewhere, that Reefcleaners has a permanent 15% off code "reefclub". Is this correct?????