Has anyone dealt with ReefCleaners.org ???

Michiana

I was checking out their prices on snails, and it seems too good to be true !!!

I'm going to place an order real soon I think !

tbittner

OH! I see what you're doing and I'm not sure the mods will permit it. Putting a link in your signature gets you a 25% discount at reefcleaners...

tbittner

If reefcleaners wants to get their name out, then the proper way for them to do it is to become a sponsor.

That's my humble opinion.

johnmaloney

I am sorry that a signature to our site was a problem. (I am John Maloney from reefcleaners, I got here by googling the website name, I am also a member of RS). It was my intention that people used this promotion by sticking to forum guidelines. Reef Sanctuary was never a target of ours so to speak. With that said, we will probably become sponsors of Reef Sanctuary by the end of this week. I apologize if this has soured you to our website, it was never my intention that this discount program be a source of spam. Some websites allow their members to give positive reviews of websites they had made purchases from, and this is what we were trying to reward. As a webmaster of several different sites, I understand how hard it is to keep up with spam trimming, and it was never my intention to become part of the problem.

Sincerely,
John Maloney

scootman

I've purchased various snails from John @ reefcleaners and was very satisfied with my order. If you need to boost your clean up crew, I think you'll be very happy.

By the way John, the clean up crew was very helpful and I finally got my hair algae under control. I also appreciated your following up with me from time to time to see how I was progressing. That was very kind of you.

lcstorc

They are a sponsor and I will be making an order as soon as I get back from my LA trip. The prices are very good and I am looking forward to a great experience with them.

grooveycakes

I had heard great reviews from so many people, and my tank was in desperate need of some cleaners (there aren't any fish stores where I live). Needless to say I am extremely disappointed.
When I placed the order, I picked the top option, most expensive option, suggested option, which was overnight/2 day express. I sent an email with the order to make sure it got shipped on Thursday so I could be home Friday to get it. My mail came and went with no package. After tracking down the box, and spending much time on the phone with USPS, I was told my package would not be arriving till Saturday. After begging and pleading, USPS was willing to call me at ten o clock that night when the truck got in so that the box wasn't waiting overnight at the post office.
Which, it didn't matter if I got them that night or the next day because most of the box was dead.
I emailed reefcleaners which they responded to send pictures of the damages after telling me it was my fault because I picked the wrong shipping.
We sent the pictures. A few days later I check my account to see that from the $100 order (that includes shipping) my account had been refunded THIRTEEN dollars. I got refunded for four dead emerald crabs, minus the five dollar promo coupon.
I emailed reefcleaners. The response I got was that from the pixelated pictures from my phone, they could tell that everything else was alive, and only the crabs were dead, and I was welcome to send new photos. If any of you have had dead sea creatures, they are the worse smelling things ever. I threw them away after the first pictures were taken, how was I supposed to send new pictures?
So all in all, it is my fault because I picked the wrong shipping, and my photos didn't show dead animals. Essentially, I paid $87 for a handful of snails and hermit crabs. Furthermore, I feel slightly offended that my word meant jack.
If you live west of the Mississippi I wouldn't recommend them because you will get a late box full of dead animals and you will not get a new animal, credit, or your money back. You will receive an email full of distrust and excuses.

Choff

I have placed many orders with John and I have always had outstanding service from him. Promot replies and I have had a couple of more than fair refunds from him. I never had to send picts, but wouldn't have minded doing so.

Sorry for your troubles :(

...stupid auto correct

Talon33

order chaeto algae from there. shipped on time and still alive when I got it, thumbs up from me

reefer gladness

Did you read and follow the acclimation instructions? http://www.reefcleaners.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17&Itemid=67

Did you read the part where it says the snails may be dormant for up to 3 days?

The thing is many folks here have ordered from reefcleaners without trouble. If you have a problem work with them and they will work with you. As a business owner I would require proof of DOA as well, like they say on their website - it's not that they don't trust you, it's that many of their customers are relative newbs. Their acclimation procedure is different than most (do not drip acclimate) and they have a valid reason for it if you read the acclimation instructions.

FWIW I've placed multiple orders from them (snails, crabs, pods, macros) with zero problems shipping cross-country from Florida to California.

Choff

Great point reefer, forgot about their different acclimation process. I'd also like to add they are terrible counters. Always get more than I order, especially ceriths. :)

...stupid auto correct

carmexx

I have always dealt with John @ Reefcleaners He has great prices and shipping is right on time and sound arrival. This forum is where I found out about him when I started reefing and was always encouraged to support sponsors here.

paulyray

I had a bad experience with reef cleaners also. I placed an order, next day shipping, stayed home from work, and for some reason my order was not shipped. They did finally ship it, but I wasn't impressed at all with the way my order was handled. From what I see, my example is probably in the minority, but I will not order from them again.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hey Paul,

I guess any business makes mistakes & staying home to receive an overnight shipment that didn't come is a bummer, did you talk to John about it? From hundreds of reviews I have read, almost all are positive, I have used them several times, getting "free" shipping on their snails - called "quick crews", I have called and talked to John he a great guy & I can't imagine him not making any order "right" from every post I have read & my interfacing with him, they have been absolutely great in customer service & support.

on a sidebar - just wondering ... do you lurk a lot on RS, I see your averaging one post a year for 8 years ;)

start a tank thread & share you tank with us :) and jump in & post more :)

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
on a sidebar - just wondering ... do you lurk a lot on RS, I see your averaging one post a year for 8 years ;)

start a tank thread & share you tank with us :) and jump in & post more :)

Agree! Start a tank thread so we can follow along!!