Group Buy for LifeReef Calcium Reactors

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Santa Clause is coming to RS!! :snshne:

Jeff from LifeReef has agreed to provide a minimum discount of 10% on calcium reactors if we can get a group buy going. They must be ordered at the same time but he will bill & ship to the individuals. :whstlr:

We will need to coordinate a purchase date. I am VERY flexible and can wait as long as 3 months...

I will purchase a LR1 calcium reactor with the quick disconnect fittings.

Who else is interested??

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I'm in on the LCR1.:D I have the CO2 tank, but need to look into the regulator and pH probe.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I gotta agree with you Frankie ;)

Okay.. that's two! :thumbup:

Here is the website: calcium reactor, calcium, lcr1, lcr2, bubble counter

NOTE: A CO2 tank, gage assembly, solenoid, and needle valve IS required in addition to this calcium reactor setup.

LifeReefCaReactors.jpg

• [SIZE=+2]Features:[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+1]Operates in-sump or externally, all fittings included[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+1]A pH controller is not required but pH must be checked for proper operation[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+1]Optional pH probe holder can be added to monitor/control pH in real-time[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+1]A Dual chamber or secondary reactor is not required with the Lifereef reactors[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+1]Small footprint, only 8" x 10"[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+1]17" high for the LCR1 and 22 1/2" high for the LCR2[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+1]Self-purging, no air or CO2 can remain in the reactor nor build up to stop flow[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+1]Strong, quiet, and reliable (and inexpensive) MagDrive pump, guaranteed for 1 year (pump will be replaced free of charge) Pump wattage does NOT affect aquarium water temperature.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+1]Pump mounted at bottom of reactor, where it cannot cavitate from air or CO2 build-up[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+1]No excessive rigid plumbing or fittings to get broken or clogged[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+1]Large, full access 5" diameter clear cast reactor chamber[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+1]Flanged cover and full surface sealing gasket with 8 nylon screws for leakproof operation. No troublesome o-rings and o-ring grooves for debris to cause leaks.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+1]Removable clear bubble counter (included) with check valve and bubble nozzle for consistent bubble size and count [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+1]Simple effluent adjustment, no faulty needle valves or ball valves to clog or stick[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+1]Flexible hose from pump to reactor input, lessens accidental breakage[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+1]High quality fittings and cast materials used throughout[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+1]All components can be completely disassembled[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+1]Small submersible boost pump to push water in and out of your reactor for uninterrupted and consistent operation[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+1]All tubing is supplied. You do not need to purchase anything else to hookup[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=+1]Optional mini Quick-Disconnect Shut-Off fittings allow complete reactor removal from system leaving hoses behind and primed ready for reinstallation![/SIZE]

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Prices

Keep in mind at least a 10% discount :)

http://www.lifereef.com/retail.html#Calcium

LCR1 for aquariums up to 300 gallons: $389.00
LCR2 for aquariums up to 600 gallons: $429.00

LCRX-6, 6" flanged extension to make either reactor 6" taller: $69.00
LCRX-12, 12" flanged extension to make either reactor 12" taller: $99.00

Optional: Quick-Disconnect/Shut-Off Connectors allows complete removal of reactor from hoses, leaving hoses at your sump or aquarium. Three sets: Effluent, Suction, CO2 $49.00
Optional: pH probe Mount: allows the use of a pH probe on the reactor for real-time pH monitoring. Can also be added later: $22.00 (pH probe NOT included)

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
Here's mine in action!

I reccomend the mini Quick-Disconnect Shut-Off fittings for easy service. I opted not to use the PH probe holder... it's easier to just test the effluent being produced with your PH probe.

Calciumreactor.jpg

Lifereef products are top notch! If you don't believe me... just check out what Lifreef is doing for my reef...

Here's my testimonial I gave Jeff last year... it's the second one down on his website.

Testimonials

LF1-150 Lifereef Berlin System and Lifereef LCR1 Calcium Reactor

After being in this hobby for many years... I finally decided to invest in my "Dream Tank". I've been aware of your products for many years and I always loved the fact that you offered an integrated filtration system. Four months ago, I ordered an LF1-150 Berlin system, VS2-24 skimmer and an LCR1 Calcium reactor... what a great investment! The phrase "You get what you pay for" is so relevant to this hobby and to your products. My experience with Lifereef has been wonderful... from the quality of the equipment to the personalized attention that you provide your customers. You have saved me from the headaches and worries of trying to piece-meal a system together on my own and wasting money needlessly. Thanks to you and you're products...you have helped me achieve my "Dream Tank". Thanks for everything! Jay Garcia Hallandale Beach, Fl JFK_Jr's 150 Gallon Starphire - in the Reef Chronicles forum of Reef Sanctuary. http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12022&goto=newpost

fts.jpg

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Thanks for sharing JFK :) Beautiful reef!! I see you have a lifereef skimmer too. Yesterday, I was checking out LifeReef's sump setups and they were most impressive!!! Their custom work is amazing....

Do you route your effluent straight into your sump or does it go into a container first?

Witfull

she blinded me with science,,,,break tunes

sorry,,,had to be sillly. i will trust reactors when we break the seleniod barrier. i do not trust them. seen tanks wiped out by CO OD. i will dance the kalk dance and worship the 2part additive reefgodz.....leave to the hands of automation and feel the wrath of negligence~

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I've seen tanks wiped out from kalk OD too. With everything care and safety must be used.

On with the Ca Reactor love :D

boozeman

...... Yesterday, I was checking out LifeReef's sump setups and they were most impressive!!! Their custom work is amazing....

**I Knew it !!!!
...now shes looking at a larger sump... are you sure there isnt something you arent telling us Doni? :D

Witfull

i recall a thread or post somewhere about a guy with a 900g sump fuge for his 200g tank,,,,,i see Doni flooding her basement~

Woodstock

RS STAFF
LOL!!
Nope, no secrets here. No upgrades while I'm in this house :(

.... I wish I had a basement to flood! :D

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I plan on my effluent being routed into a large container inside the sump and then slowly spilling into the sump's water. Inside this container I will have my PH probe. The container allows the co2 to blow off a bit and provides a place for the PH probe. I think I would rather have the probe in the container instead of inside the reactor.....