GregT's Aqua 400 (replaced my RSM250)

GregT

Well after 6 years of owning my RSM250, mostly in stock configuration then customised with LEDs and a sump I've retired the tank as it was starting to wear.
Really enjoyed the ease and look of the RSM250 and also the RSM community.
Hope to get a 650 down the track when funds (i.e. my wife) allow ;)

I purchased a second hand Aquareef 400 and will customise this. Tubes already replaced and I'm using an Orbit LED with Ramp timer pro along the front and my old 300w LED unit as the main lighting.

In the sump the skimmer has been replaced with a Reef Octopus that's super quiet and pulling good Skimate.
Probably replace the return pump for something quieter too.

Plans are to mainly stock softies and LPS with a few SPS specimens like a pink bird nest. Tank came with a juvenile Emperor Angel that I've got sitting in the sump until I sell it. Niger trigger I'll also sell as I don't want to wake up with my shrimps gone.

Replaced the sand and tank cycled with half the rock and the rest is currently cooking in the garage. Hopefully another week and I can introduce the rest of the rock. Then my favourite time aquascaping! :) I need to build more height on the right and have some tonga branch I want to add under the structures.

[URL=http://s963.photobucket.com/user/Greg_T_album/media/400%20litre.jpg.html] [/URL]

GregT

Thanks Glenn,
Just looking back on my RSM thread and I've learnt so much along the way.
Got my first frags in and caught the Emperor so full steam ahead now.

Quite limited with the range of frags here after Xmas so hope to add more over the next few months.

After the challenge of mounting the LEDs into my old hood, cutting wires etc I'm now faced with the challenge of undoing this! Want to keep the RSM timer and moonlights running still so a bit of research needed to find a solution that looks good.

With the sump drain in the middle of the display I've discovered the joy of running a magnet along the back glass to clean it! (There's a vinyl film on the outside I'll be careful with)

Lots of ideas for this tank :)

Cheers
Greg